Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: View Master Interactive Vision

Blog Entries

Default View Master Interactive Vision

Blog Entries

I remember back in the late 80's seeing commercials for interactive VHS games. The only one I remember however was some kind of football game that you played by using your remote and VCR. I can't recall the name. There is a video of the View Master Interactive Vision in action here:

Blog Entries

Cool. I see the games were done by Cinemaware. That is pretty cool!

It's up for auction if anyone is interested: http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000602999

Blog Entries

I saw something like this once it was a clayshooting game where the VHS tape was just a scene setting on loop and you had sensors above the tv and a light gun. Cant remmeber the maker of it but i played it at a friends and it was a poor duckhunt.

Tricky X Guest

You are probably thinking of the Action Max. I saw one of then about 20 years ago at a junk shop. Didn't get it then. Always wondered about it. Picked one up complete in box with games at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last year for like 5 bucks. I haven't tried it out yet.. :-) http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.c...-actionmax.htm

Blog Entries

This View Master system is pretty cool as it overlays video game graphic onto the VHS graphics. Pretty neat idea I think, but alas, kind of lame at the same time. Cool novelty system though.

Blog Entries

Yes thats the one the action max! Would become a cool rare item to get hold of now!

Blog Entries

I come across action max's a few times each year at the swaps. I've never been tempted to even pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by seanyboyuk View Post
    Yes thats the one the action max! Would become a cool rare item to get hold of now!

I have a few Action Max's, and still have my original from when I bought it from Toys R Us back shortly after it was first released. All it does is record light gun hits on targets on pre-recorded tapes. It doesn't do anything on-screen, all score keeping is done on the console itself with a red LED. It's very primitive and obviously its biggest failing is that since the footage is on VHS tape, it's completely linear, and completely the same each and every time. Also, calling the "acting" and special effects B-level would be entirely too generous...

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seanyboyuk View Post
    I've got one you can have, it was in some overstock type shop, at some point in it's retail life the VHS tape had been taken out and replaced with a (not professionally pressed) DVD
    I've held onto it mainly cos i like the graphic design style of the box from that era, but no great attachment to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast