Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Came From Mame

Blog Entries

Default It Came From Mame

We had a suggestion from listener and forum member chalksalad to add a special thread to discuss the games covered in the It Came From Mame segment. Please feel free to also make recommendations for good & obscure games you would like to see covered in It Came from MAME.

Is there a listing where we can see all the games covered thus far (aside from digging through the show notes)?
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Blog Entries

There isn't one on the site, no.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

My recommendation?

Ninja Baseball Batman. Great game that is never talked about. Very limited us release, but I think it was popular overseas.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    My recommendation?

Ninja Baseball Batman. Great game that is never talked about. Very limited us release, but I think it was popular overseas.

OMG. The name alone deserves some kind of award!

dominoid Guest

Has "Trog!" been done yet? That's one of my favourite arcade games, really unique visuals for the time (I'm not sure if it was first to have claymation, but it definitely one of the first and the earliest example of it that I've found) they have an original cab over in Exeter at the Arcade bard and I played on it there at Hiscore and fell in love.

random_dave Guest

a few shows back on my catchup there was ann egg related game (which i've forgotten about already) and it reminded me of a fun game i used to play on my bosses mame box a few years ago when i was on late shifts

the game is Chicken Shift

It starts off fairly simple, and similar to the train junction switching type games, trying to drop eggs into a safe basket. Once enough are collected it will switch to a second screen with chicks marching automatically through the barn, and you have to activate flippers to throw them over dangerous obstacles so that they can fly to freedom through the window.
    After all the chicks are saved it returns to the first screen, but with more junctions and faster eggs and repeats this getting harder and faster.

It's not a game that would inspire anyone to try and marathon, but it's a great little pick up and play game, and get's really tricky when you've had sleep depravation or a few beers

Blog Entries

Hell ya, Chicken Shift is a very fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    a few shows back on my catchup there was ann egg related game (which i've forgotten about already) and it reminded me of a fun game i used to play on my bosses mame box a few years ago when i was on late shifts

the game is Chicken Shift

It starts off fairly simple, and similar to the train junction switching type games, trying to drop eggs into a safe basket. Once enough are collected it will switch to a second screen with chicks marching automatically through the barn, and you have to activate flippers to throw them over dangerous obstacles so that they can fly to freedom through the window.
    After all the chicks are saved it returns to the first screen, but with more junctions and faster eggs and repeats this getting harder and faster.

It's not a game that would inspire anyone to try and marathon, but it's a great little pick up and play game, and get's really tricky when you've had sleep depravation or a few beers

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    My recommendation?

Haha, coincidentally, I just played this game for the first time very recently, after it was featured as Game of the Day on a MAME blog I read (http://mamezach.blogspot.com/). I’d really recommend this blog to anybody who enjoys MAME, because in essence, it’s an “It Came From Mame” type of thing in blog form, and is updated just about every day with a new title.

Gameplay-wise, Ninja Baseball Batman is a beat-em-up in the TMNT/Simpsons vein, which isn’t really my thing. But the story, graphics, animations, and characters (especially the enemies) in this game are so freakin’ ludicrous, it had me laughing out loud at times. Definitely one of the biggest “WTF” games I’ve played in ages, and I’d choose it over TMNT any day of the week.
    Check out CYN CITY:
    http://cynicaster.blogspot.ca/

Here are all the games ever covered on It Came From Mame.....

Cosmic Guerilla
    Blasted
    City Connection
    Go Go Mile Smile
    Toggle
    Snacks n Jaxson
    Dead Eye
    Dazzler
    Challenger
    Two Tigers
    Strike Force
    ZZYZZYX
    Brix
    Baluba Louk No Densetsu
    The Pit Centauri
    Libble Rabble
    Eggs
    The Amazing Adventures of Mr. F Lea
    Hopper Robo
    Freeze
    Frisky Tom
    Fast Lane
    Flash Gal
    Gemini Wings
    Wild Fang 1 & 2
    Terra Cresta
    19xx-The War Against Destiny
    Minefield
    Son of Phoenix
    Space Demon
    Navalone
    Orbitron
    Capt. Tamady
    D-Day 1982
    Screw Loose
    Thunder Jaws
    Return of the Invaders
    Nun Chakun
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast