Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: It Came From Mame

RFWarrior Guest

I just picked up a Dangerous Dungeons conversion arcade recently. Give it a try on MAME, it's pretty cool. I didn't know this game existed until a couple weeks back. It's really fun with some cool puzzle elements.

From KLOV: This game ranks a 2 on a scale out of 100 (100 = most often seen, 1=least common) in popularity based on census ownership records.

Hey SoCal,

Try "Pandora's Palace" from Konami (1984). It's kind of like the elevator level on original Donkey Kong. Really fun once you realize what you have to do. You may want to play a round before recording. Kind of like what you did for Bank Panic.

I tried to change the graphics on this to make it look like a Mario game but I didn't have any luck.
    COBOL 4 LIFE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    Hey SoCal,

Try "Pandora's Palace" from Konami (1984). It's kind of like the elevator level on original Donkey Kong. Really fun once you realize what you have to do. You may want to play a round before recording. Kind of like what you did for Bank Panic.

I tried to change the graphics on this to make it look like a Mario game but I didn't have any luck.
    Thanks, I will give it a try for this months segment

Diagamblic Guest

Have you every played Osman by Mitchell/Atlus in 1996? That's what it's called in America, but in Japan it was called Cannon Dancer. It's a spiritual successor to Strider (made by ex-Capcom devs, including the director of the original Strider).

From Wikipedia:
    "Osman, released in Japan as Cannon-Dancer (キャノンダンサー?), is a side-scrolling action platforming game produced by Mitchell Corp. that was released exclusively as a coin-operated arcade game in 1996. Many ex-Capcom staff including Kouichi Yotsui (credited as Isuke), worked on the original arcade version of Strider and designed Osman as an unofficial sequel to Strider.[1] Yotsui directed both titles.
    In contrast to Strider's futuristic Kazakh-Soviet setting, Osman is set in a neon-lit cyberpunk Arabian setting, while Strider Hiryu is replaced by a Middle Eastern protagonist named Kirin who fights without any weapons.[2] 1UP.com included the game in its "Games to Play Before You Die" list.[3] The game's bizarre plot supposedly mocks director Kouichi Yotsui's experience at Capcom after Strider."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_Dancer

Last edited by Diagamblic; 19-08-13 at 07:47.

RFWarrior Guest

Mike - try out a game called Dangerous Dungeons. It's really rare according to KLOV. I just picked up a jamma cab with the PCB inside with the marquee, bezel, etc. The game is a puzzler sort of game, can be played co-op but you can kill each other which is odd, top down but with gravity. It's a weird game. I'm curious what you think.

Have you covered Power Surge yet? Not even the maker is known, but it's a neat game. I think you are a power surge, and you go through a circuit wrecking the parts, something like that. I even learned a thing or two about semiconductors from it.
    See the latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: www.holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

GenesisDoes Guest

Hey SoCal, how about the Wheel of Fortune Arcade game? I've played every other version available, and the best one is the PC version from the late 90s-early 2000s and the worst one is the Sega CD version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDoes View Post
    Hey SoCal, how about the Wheel of Fortune Arcade game? I've played every other version available, and the best one is the PC version from the late 90s-early 2000s and the worst one is the Sega CD version.
    I'll check it out! I used to love playing the Game Boy versions of WOF!

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    I'll check it out! I used to love playing the Game Boy versions of WOF!
    Reading your posts on Wheel of Fortune made me want to play it. I watched the show a lot, but always dismissed the video games. So I picked up the PS2 version for cheap and gave it a try. It was a lot of fun. Even more so with my family. My daughters are 12 and 13 and this has turned into a big competitive family game. Mario Kart will probably always hold the record, but I hope we continue to play a lot of Wheel of Fortune together.

I want to pick up the Wii version sometime. I think it is the first one to have Pat Sajak in it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by drich255; 19-11-13 at 09:11.

Diagamblic Guest

Hey Mike - hoping maybe you have this one in your set. It's called Grand Cross and it's a video pinball game that reminds me of Crush (Alien Crush, Devil Crush, Jakai Crush) series of games by Naxat. It came out in 1994 and I don't believe it was ever seen outside of Japan.

Here's a Video:

And here's the KLOV description:

Grand Cross Pinball Description
    http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7995
    "A futuristic video pinball game set in space where you use the two flippers to send the ball to many different enemies. Fight a giant robot boss on some levels."

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast