Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart 7

random_dave Guest

Default Mario Kart 7

So then kiddies, despite this being in (literal) 3D I feel it should be given a pardoning from any of the retro police, if only just because of the fact that so much of it is recycled from every iteration dating back to the snes

I picked it up on friday and I've already managed to spend at least 4 hours playing online races over the weekend, usually in sessions ranging from 45-60 minutes solid at a time and the only thing that has usually stopped the sessions are my battery running out.

Single player i've not been so impressed with, but i'm only going through the 50cc cups at the moment so I may as well be playing with my eyes shut.

So, is anyone else thinking of getting it? If you are, make sure you are in the friend codes thread so that when you boot up the 3DS it can tell you if a friend is online and you can join them with a single press of a button.

It's amazing, it's a decent online feature that Nintendo has implemented that actually works, who'd have thought they'd see that in their lifetime.

TTFN, may see you boys out on track later

Blog Entries

GameGavel Mario Kart 7 Community - # 49-7443-1163-2380 Come on in and RACE!

Blog Entries

I have Nintendo thumb. Clocked a couple hours straight with this unlocking all the goodies. Still a long way to go, but I should be somewhat competitive with what I have unlocked so far Anyone want to race tonight?

Blog Entries

It is games like this and Super Mario 3D Land that prove dedicated handhelds are still light years ahead of other mobile devices, for playing video games. The 3DS is really coming into its own and I couldn't be happier for the Big N!

I'm thinking about buying this one tomorrow. Either this, Tetris axis, or sonic generations.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If you like MK you will love this. I think it's the best version ever! So fun!

Hmm OK. I'll pick it up tomorrow and post my code here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    If you like MK you will love this. I think it's the best version ever! So fun!
    I will agree that it's the best 'real' 3D mario kart so far, but the snes one still has the edge on it for me

Having said that it's bloody good, it's been universally diregarded at work as 'it's just the same as the wii' but they've all made that judgement based on the first 50cc cup, which is super weaksauce. In my eyes it's a great refinement of the DS and Wii mario karts in terms of mechanics, and fortunately seems to be the most balanced for rewarding skillfull driving, whilst also given the weapons that keep the racing tight.
    Touch wood, noone seems to have found anything to exploit on it yet to ruin the online experience (although if the communities build up and keep playing avoiding random matchmaking gets around that)

I've still not unlocked much, as I've only done the 50cc cups as the online mode works so well i tend to just jump on there. I saw that you had added me to your friends list SoCal, so if you see me on and the join button is active feel free to jump in and we can take on the world

I'll add the GG community to my list too, but i think to get the most use out of them it's best to coordinate a time when a few people are all going to go on and join it, in my experience so far with other communities it's worked better to just join friends when you notice they're online and joinable

Blog Entries

I take exception to the SNES version being the best, no way. Rose tinted glasses going on there.

I think the N64 version was very good and better than the Gamecube version, but the DS is probably the best all round that I've played, though the Wii was excellent too.

I am hoping to get this soon though.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

at the risk of starting a yorkshire/lancashire turf war the DS ad Wii ones are indeed excellently executed, albeit poorly balanced, the snes has purity in it's handling and use of shortcuts that required skill and cunning, the n64 was just garbage, almost worthwhile for the 4 player split-screen, but ultimately just slow pap

But anyway, with that behind us, what's your excuse for not buying this masterpiece yet, huh ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.