Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mario Kart 7

Blog Entries

Yeah Tommy, I had some good and bad races, pretty much as normal.

Had a blast last night and won a couple more. What surprised me is that out of 5 or 6 races, my choice of circuit came up 3 times.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

I'm just not feeling the love for this game. I thought the DS game was amazing but this doesn't really offer enough that's new and I feel like I'm playing the same game again.

I don't really think the airborne or underwater bits offer much that's new or make much difference to the races at all. They could have done something different with it like Diddy Kong Racing did but it just seems a bit of a waste.

What I find most annoying though is the Star system. I have 3 stars on all the 50cc races and a couple of the 100cc races, but I keep doing the first cup and win every race and finish with the maximum 40 coins but I don't get awarded 3 stars. That is stupid, I can't do any better than 40 points and 40 coins.

I've read several guides on this that all say basically the same common sense stuff and to use your weapons wisely. If you're in the lead (which I was most of the time) you tend to get 3 bananas so just leave them armed as a defense from attacks from behind. If you see a CPU driver get a blue shell hit the brakes and fall back to second to avoid it. I did all this more than once in each race and only get 2 stars. That means its fundamentally broken.

I really like the way the online is done because it copies how the Wii did it which is good, and I may do some online stuff if it's planned, but generally I'm not impressed with it.

Needless to say I've put it away and I've gone back to Ocarina Of Time. This time I vow to finish it.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.