0 0%
  • Oddworld Adventures 2

0 0%
  • Flintstones: Burgertime in Bedrock

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/11 Top-10 Gameboy Colour Games

MrFrumble Guest

While the original Game Boy was the first system I owned (parents wouldn't get me an NES), the GB Color is a system I never really played. It came out when I was in college and I remember reading about it and thinking it was insane that they were releasing another handheld without a lit screen. When the GB Advance SP came out I jumped on it and a flash cart and it was actually my main gaming platform for years.

This summer I did buy a huge lot of gaming stuff that included a GB Color and a few games. I hope to do the SP front light mod to it at some point (and yes, I know you can play GBC games on the Advance SP.)

Thanks for starting a list of games to check out.

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrumble View Post
    (and yes, I know you can play GBC games on the Advance SP.)
    From that can I assume that like me you don;t like the SP form factor and/or buttons for playing stuff, or is it just the screen scaling?

I'm hoping to transplant the guts of a backlit AGS-101 GBASP into the case of an original landscape GBA so that i hopefully have the best screen, and the most comfortable layout/button style of any GB/GBC/GBA cartridge playing machine (people have asked why i don;t just emulate them on my PSP and save myself the effort, but i prefer playing off the cartridges for all the usual reasons to prefer original hardware over emulation)

SM Sith Lord Guest

I heard the RoundUp for the 1st time last month, cool stuff. I found it through Google because my 3D frontend (Source Media Arcade) was mentioned on the itinerary.

Anyways, I was in SM Arcade while I was listening to the show, so I went ahead and made a little Top 10 GBC games (as listed on the show) over by the barn. Some of the games have been a lot of fun so far. I am especially enjoying Pokemon oddly enough.

Just thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it, and I'll take any opportunity to promote my mod.

Yeah, and I put the DX version of LttP in there for the native color even though the original GameBoy version was the one in the top 10 list.

Ha! That's really cool.

Just re-spell Liar to Lair and you're all set!

SM Sith Lord Guest

Lol, nice spelling catch.

In-game, the name is taken from the online databases, so it's spelled right. I just flubbed my Photoshop captions.

Blog Entries

That is slick, very well done. Glad to have you aboard!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Some good picks, but I tend to think of Games like Pokemon Gold and Zelda as standard Game Boy games with some enhancements instead of Game Boy Colour games. I voted for Dragons Lair as it did such a good job porting a full motion video game to a tiny capacity handheld.

I just remembered a great GBC game you guys should play!

Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble!

I've never been a big fan of the Kirby games myself, but this cart used a tilt sensor to mimic an old school track ball, so the game plays a lot like a top down Marble Madness.

However, you can't play the game on a GBA SP. The cart needs to be placed right side up for the tilt sensor to work. Check out this video...

Blog Entries

I thought the GBA games were the first to use tilt sensors, but yeah, it will only work in the GBC I guess.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Never being a GBC regular I HAD to vote for Dragon's Lair once I'd seen the video. STUNNING
    RetroLeague
    A great UK-Based Retro gaming competition with weekly games on various platforms via emulation.
    http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/index/

RetroPom on RGRU; HOW on Retroleague and VPForums & PiNZ on PN and AussiePinball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12