• Oddworld Adventures 2

0 0%
  • Flintstones: Burgertime in Bedrock

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/11 Top-10 Gameboy Colour Games

Blog Entries

Default 11/11 Top-10 Gameboy Colour Games

Join our heated debate about our favorite Gameboy Colour Games!

Great choice putting Metal Gear on the list. I don’t think enough of your readers realize that the Metal Gear series started on the Japan only computer known as the MSX. The version of Metal Gear we played on the NES was a stripped down and slightly broken port of the superior MSX title. Also the sequel we got was not made by Hideo Kojima, the series creator.

The real Metal Gear sequel was only released on the MSX at the time. That game added stuff like pressing/knocking against the wall and crawling on the ground. Rather than call Metal Gear for GBC a port of the NES game, it should be called the third in the MSX series. You can get both MSX games on the various Metal Gear Collections for the PS2, Xbox 360, and PS3.

Also, I’d like to know what part of Modern Warfare Scott was playing when he labeled the series as Stealth.

Good to see Metal Gear on there (and being referred to as Ghost Babel) and the Warioland love too

I was a little surprised that Rtype DX sisn't make it as I always thought that was considered to be a pretty good release, combining the GB versions of Rtype 1 + 2 not only in colour but with the original mono versions crammed on there too.

I'm surprised noone had really appreciated pokemon too, I bought a GB color when I picked up Pokemon Blue for xmas (my parents thought it rahter odd that a 17 year old wanted a game boy again) as my DMG had long died by then, and played it loads during free study periods in college and it wasn't until recently, midway through Black that I really started feeling the fatigue from the lack of changes in the series. I mean, come on, I can remember the names and types of 151 of the buggers, but 700+, now they're just taking the p1ss

The show did make me dig out Pokemon Pinball from my handheld shoebox and play that again, here's a question for everyone, is it me or is it fairly impossible to actually lose, don't get me wrong, i had fun and was significantly challenged with aiming correctly etc but balls seemed to be in play for bloody ages

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GarrickGreathouse View Post
    Rather than call Metal Gear for GBC a port of the NES game, it should be called the third in the MSX series.
    Yeah, I used the NES as my reference point because that's where I played it a lot, but the MSX is easy to emulate and you do see them around occasionally. It also has some great arcade ports on it like Burgertime, Rally-X and Mappy. I played Bruce Lee on it a lot too.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

i just picked up an msx on gamegavel. the games are kindof pricey, but it looks great sitting next to my c64, vic20, and ti99.

nit pick just a bit, but the DX tag should be added to the end of Link's Awakening.

SoCal made this point, but I want to ask it directly.

Scott, take Dragon Warrior Monsters, pop it into a Super Gameboy and play it on your SNES. The game is enhanced. You get to choose a color palette. Heck, the game even gets a nifty border.

Would you suggest that this game would then qualify for a SNES Top 10? I don't see how...?

Blog Entries

What. No Mortal Kombat 4? :P

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Tough choices here, and I had recently replayed through Wario Land II (great game). I am a little surprised that the Dragon Warrior games (I & II, III) didn't show up. I personally liked them better than the NES originals. I was glad to hear the Super Mario Bros. DX special mention. That is a game that lives in my GBA SP fairly often.

I don't have Dragon Warrior Monsters in my collection right now, but I do have Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 1 and 2 on the DS. It's such a great series.

Took a look at my GBC games, and one that caught my attention for an honorable mention is Dragon Warrior III.

Oh, it was great to see Pokemon Pinball get represented. I totally agree it's not necessarily a great PINBALL game, but it's fun. I think I like Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire however. That's a GB Advance game, though. I tried to get into Metroid Pinball on the DS. I like it okay, but .. eh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast