Thread: Atari Space Age Controllers

Blog Entries

Default Atari Space Age Controllers

I have never seen these controllers before from Atari? I just won this and will be adding to my controller collection. Can't wait to use it, too!

I don't recall that one either. It looks like a "wrist breaker" though for whichever hand is holding it.

Never seen that either... great condition too. They don't look too ergonomically friendly but very cool - would love to know how they are to use when you get them.

Blog Entries

Looks like Atari's answer to Coleco's Super Action Controllers, which I detested. I have read around the net,however, these were much better and more comfortable. I will def be trying it out and I will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Looks like Atari's answer to Coleco's Super Action Controllers, which I detested. I have read around the net,however, these were much better and more comfortable. I will def be trying it out and I will report back.
    Most of Coleco's controllers had a really low end and cheap feel. It sounded like you were going to break them with every move. The Super Action controllers were more responsive than the original Colecovision controllers, so I usually had them plugged in. But the finger buttons were kind of bad, and tended to squeak. And the "speed wheel" on top always seemed to be in need of some oil. The creaking, cracking, squeaking and clunking from the controllers was often louder than the game audio!