Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vic-20 score!

kynrek Guest

Default Vic-20 score!

I can't believe how much I've been finding lately. So about a month ago I saw a c64 at a store for 100 and I decided to wait and someone else picked it up. Today I walk in and find a boxed vic20 for $15! The manager seemed pretty unhappy that someone marked for 15 but I snagged it right away! I figured if captan Kirk calls it the wonder computer of the 1980s it must be good enough for me!

The (presumed) original KMart tag is a great touch!

Blog Entries

kynrek Guest

Not yet, I can't wait! We're having a birthday party for my wife (just about the only thing that possibly delay me from trying it) will my 1541-ii drive work with it? I am trying to learn how to load my saved basic programs and edit them.

There is a Vic 20 with box at a local thrift store for $25. Been there for months. I have been looking at it everytime I go. Never owned one back in the day so it does not really hold any nostalgia for me. I have been wanting to add a C64 to my collection, but I sorta hate to leave that Vic 20 sitting there. It's pretty rare that I find vintage computer stuff in my area. Think I should get it guys or should I hold out for a C64 when I find a decent priced one? Does not have any software with it. Is getting the good games for this computer pricey?

Blog Entries

Nice score. There have been tons of pretty cheap games for the Vic on eBay. Go get'em

That's fantastic, congrats. I've been keeping my eyes open for a Vic-20 for months now. I want to play Shamus!
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

Blog Entries

You could do that on a C64.

Just sayin'
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Necro-bump @ Kynrek:

Have you managed to try out your Vic yet? Got any good games?

I love the model you have. That sexy gold badge was never on any of the models over here in Blighty. I had to buy a NTSC one from the States and swap the guts over with my PAL one!

Great computer, great games. I actually prefer it to the C64 for gaming. The games are simple but they load so much quicker on the Datasette than the C64's 'sophisticated' games. I don't need none of your fancy new C64 hardwares to enjoy me some mighty fun games!

As an aside, I highly recommend Omega Race, Gridrunner, Demon Attack and Cosmic Cruncher. They're all available on carts easily and cheaply.

Oh, and some of the newer homebrew stuff is great too. Blue Star and Omega Fury spring to mind...

The only game I have picked up for my Vic-20 is Omega Race, and I really like it. The way the score box is in the center and you zoom around in circles is really fun and different.

I am having sound problems, but I think I just need a proper cable. The rf box that came with it looks homemade. All I get is distortion noises. I am using an old magnavox tube tv as a monitor. The video is fine. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.