1 4.76%
  • Tetris (Game Boy)

5 23.81%
  • Pac Man (Arcade)

4 19.05%
  • Canyon Bomber (Arcade)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 08/11 Top-10 Games of ALL FREAKING TIME (LIVE WITH LISTENERS)

Blog Entries

Default 08/11 Top-10 Games of ALL FREAKING TIME (LIVE WITH LISTENERS)

At Insert Coins we conducted a Live Top-10 where we asked all in attendance to choose one game they felt was the best game of all time. This could be any game from any system or arcade. Needless to say, this was a hard top-10 to narrow down and put in order because nearly all were epic picks. What do you think is the best game of all time if you could only choose one?

Out of the ones on the list, I'd pick the Game Boy Tetris. If I was going to pick any game, it would be Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Blog Entries

From the list above, Tetris every time. I'm still paying for it today on different platforms.

Oh, and Tricia who picked it, features in the end of show clip. Bad girl!

If given free choice it is just too difficult but would probably be Grand Prix Legends.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

This was one of the most enjoyable moments of the show. We have met allot of great alumni, top notch listeners, and been to the top gaming conventions. Those things are the real payoff of doing this show, and this live top ten really combined them all into one. Just wish UK had been with us, although he probably would have come up with some game having a playable sponge or tea tin.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

Why isn't Sponge slinky Square Tea Tin on the list? How could you overlook a great masterpiece such as that? This list is incomplete! F'ing disgraceful. Tetris is great but I had to go with the PAC MAN. Waka wakka wakka.

From the list, Pac Man easily. I respect Tetris but I was never a huge fan. Deserves a place on the list, but not #1 for me. I like Drunken Utopia as an oddball pick because 1) I like seeing an Inty game represented, 2) Utopia was pretty ground breaking, 3) it was super fun and 4) it's even more super fun drunk! Great pick, there. Robotron needs to be high up the list, but I'm surprised Defender didn't make the cut.

Mortal Kombat? Really? It's not even the best 2d fighter of its era. Boot that gimmicky piece of garbage. It never played well, and the digitized graphics haven't held up. Hard to decide what else I'd boot to make it 10 because the rest of the list is good. Probably Canyon Bomber because it was cool but I'm just not sure it's that great. Cool game but I wouldn't put it in the top 10.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire73 View Post
    I like Drunken Utopia as an oddball pick because 1) I like seeing an Inty game represented, 2) Utopia was pretty ground breaking, 3) it was super fun and 4) it's even more super fun drunk! Great pick, there.
    Glad you liked my pick. Given many of the other picks (that were milestones in video gaming), I thought Utopia deserved a place on the list, since it was so groundbreaking at the time.

A little back story, so people don't think I was pounding beers when I was 12 or 13 (I wasn't)...

In 1988/1989 my roommate and best friend played a ton of Intellivision. I had kept my original childhood system, and since we lived very close to INTV's retail store, we bought all their new and re-released games, which got us back into the system. We also had a Colecovision and NES set up, but we always seemed to spend more time with the Intellivision. And since we were both in our early twenties, and single, living in an apartment, there was a lot of beer around. Which of course lead to many a night of drunken retro-gaming. Intellivision Truckin', NHL and/or Super Pro Hockey, Super Pro Wrestling, and of course Utopia were always top picks.

With Utopia, we'd play with the longest time/rounds, and at the beginning, make empty promises about not putting rebels on each others islands. After many rounds, and just as many beers, with nothing left to spend our money on since the islands were full and we each had more fishing and PT boats to know what to do with, it was time to just go crazy hitting the "rebel" key...

Good times!
    Last edited by Nurmix; 28-08-11 at 02:12.

Great story, Nurmix!

I brought the "old" family Intellivision to college, too, although I don't remember it getting *that* much play time. My roommates were too busy watching CPU vs. CPU games of SNES NBA Live with a team of 5 Vlade Divacs versus 5 Vin Bakers. That and Mutant League.

Actually, that'd be another great top 10 - Top 10 Games for College. I'd have a really hard time choosing five.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

[QUOTE=BydoEmpire73;27896]Mortal Kombat? Really? It's not even the best 2d fighter of its era. Boot that gimmicky piece of garbage. It never played well, and the digitized graphics haven't held up./QUOTE]

I agree. Where is Street Fighter II?

I also choose Pac Man. Most iconic character of the arcade era, and a fun game.

Blog Entries

Mortal Kombat was picked by the Insert Coins waitress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast