Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commodore 64 technical question...

Blog Entries

as Scott already mentioned, there is a company over here in Germany that is still developing and releasing brand new hardware for Commodore computers (well basically just Amiga and C64) that is called Individual Computers. I was wondering why no one has mentioned their brand new "Turbo Chameleon" cartridge
    Excellent post Danny, DE has always been and remains an amazingly fertile Commodore community. I miss going to all the demo parties when I lived in Rhineland Pfalz. As far as the Turbo cart goes it is on my radar and will get purchased and reviewed but probably not until next year because I already have the year booked up for HWFB segments.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

kynrek Guest

I hadn't read much on these but say C64 SD on eBay for $80 USD and grabbed it up really quick. I hope all my games will work with it. The c64hdd didn't work with a lot of games. Anyone know if this unit is any good?
    http://<br /> http://www.ebay.com/it...:B:SHOP:US:101

Seems to be getting pretty good reviews from what I can tell. I wonder how you control the dir listing of the card tho? If you simply stick a few hundred .d64s on there the standard C64 dir command is gonna be pretty unusable and it doesnt seem to have any specific interface from what I can see. Would love a review when you get yours.

kynrek Guest

I ended up canceling my order because I was worried about game comparability. Apparently it doesn't support fast loaders and I know some games have them built in so I figured I'd be in the same boat as I was with 64hdd. I think I might just seek out a working 1541 (I have 2 broken ones)

kynrek Guest

Scored a working 1541 today but I don't recognize this weird red cord with the tape drive port adaptor is this a hack job of a fix or is this normal? Or maybe a mod?

I couldn't get a disk the first disk I tried to load until I plugged it in not sure if it was coincidence or not.

Blog Entries

I have seen a piggy back wire like that before but I just cannot recall what it was from or for, maybe it will come to me. 1541s are pretty repairable; doing a google search on "commodore 1541 troubleshooting repair guide" will find your many PDFs, books, and websites that are pretty complete. The faults that usually occur with this drive are pretty well understood after 30 years. For true compatibility I have found that making fresh disks with a 1541 connected to a PC and then running that 1541 with the C64 reduces allot of variables.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

kynrek Guest

I finally broke down and purchased some hardware to get the job done, This looks sweet. It's compatible with speed loaders and has a disk swap button and looks awesome to boot!

3front.jpg

http://www.sd2iec.co.uk/id4.html

Blog Entries

Funny, I happen to be doing a HWFB on that soon. Are you leaving yours external or installing internally?

Follow us on Facebook!

kynrek Guest

Probably external since it looks so cool.

Blog Entries

Need to have you on STR Krynek just to talk about your C64! I added you to skype. Well at least I think I added the right person. Add me back and let me know a good time for you to record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.