Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donkey Kong Monitor Question

Blog Entries

You are at no more risk removing the case of a PC monitor than handling an arcade monitor which has no case to begin with. You lay down a towel an place it screen down, remove the screws, pull the back off, remove the screws on the front face and then zip tie it all in place. Just don't touch the boards, or high voltage cable going from the board to the tube. A 21 should look fine.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    In my MAME Cab I have a power unit designed for PCs which is an AC adaptor with 3 sockets on it, 1 master and 2 slaves.

When the master device is turned on (PC) it also powers on the 2 slave devices (monitor and speakers).
    Hey Mike,
    Yah I have one of those power saver bars in my mame cab. Funny thing is that it doesn't always work. I hit the power button on the pc, it goes down, turns off but apparently still draws power. The bar sees this and doesn't cut off the marquee and speakers. An hour later I come by and it's off. Some mornings, I still see the marquee on. Far as I can tell it seems like a usb device sucking power.... Might be a jumper on the mobo I can change but it doesn't bug me too much.

Blog Entries

My solution was to put a few machines per strip with a foot switch stashed between two games. Just reach back with your foot and tap it and the games turn on.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Here's the Kicker I saw that blew my socks off. Of course there's no way my iPhone could do it justice. It was pure eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by tcv View Post
    Are you talking about the electrocution risk? I've never opened up a CRT. When I got my A+ certificate, I remember reading about how to protect oneself but I've never had the courage to open one up and put a screwdriver under the cap...!
    Yah, I think I'll grab my buddy's tester and touch everything so I have a better idea. I'll be fine but it's good to stay frosty.

Default Cabinet Update

Here's a shot of the lady in question

Dremmeling the frame off. Long story....

Made a first draft monitor frame. I took a multimeter and touched all over the back of it after I discharged it. This took a while with the jigsaw but I'm pretty happy with it. Didn't get zapped either!

Does anyone know what the silver tape on all sides of the face is for? Can I cut it off or is it important?
    Last edited by Trebeck; 19-09-11 at 08:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12