• Blazing Lazers

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/11 Top ten Turbo Grafx Games

Blog Entries

Default 07/11 Top ten Turbo Grafx Games

Pick your favourite Turbo Grafx Game.

It isn't easy.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

2 Bomberman games on the list?
    I haven't played that many TG16 games, but I know I've liked R-Type in it's many incarnations and systems it's been on. Bomberman is also a fantastic game. The one game I have played and have wanted to play more of (which isn't on the list), is Keith Courage in the Alpha Zone. Was the Japanese version, the PC Engine, excluded? Because Castlevania: Rondo of Blood was on that.

I had to go with Blazing Lazers. Compile made the best shooters, hands down.

Blog Entries

Galaga 90 for me it is still the best home version of Galaga in my opinion. Bonks is a fun little platformer but just didn't grab me like the first Mario game did. I don't have the actual hardware but I've played tons of games emulated on my psp. I thought that the NES version of Galaga was the best as a kid but the improvements made in Galaga 90 makes it fun to play even today. Did anyone here grow up with the turbo graphx? I had never heard of it until I was an adult.

Lots of great games on the Turbo, but I had to go with Devil's Crush. It's one of, if not the best video pin games. Great graphics, great table layout & minigames, super fun all around. I haven't played a Bomberman on the Turbo, but I'd assume 5-player Bomberman '93 is pretty godlike. I also dug Legendary Axe back in the day, but it wasn't particularly unique. Galaga '90 is my favorite follow up to the original as well, by a wide margin.

I never played them, but I own a promo video for the TG-16 that showcases some late-release games like AD&D: Order of the Griffin and Shapeshifter - those both looked awesome.
    Last edited by BydoEmpire73; 12-07-11 at 06:26.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

Eh, I've only played the TG16 on emulators, but bomberman 93 gets my vote.
    It'S just the type of game that's most fun to me.
    Street fighter 2 was just bad compared ot other consoles, let alone the arcade version.
    Galaga is great, so is R-type, but I suck at shmups too much to enjoy them fully.

Devil's Crush. Nice to see Bonk on there. Yeah, yeah, I know it was an also-ran when compared to Mario/Sonic, but it had an interesting take. It was pretty easy to cheat if you had the pads with repeating fire. Great for crapping platforming players like me!

Strange seeing street fighter 2 on there, which never got a us release. The pc engime castlevania game was awesome. Also love magical chase.

Blog Entries

We had another import only title as well, know which one? I explain my reasons for picking SFII, a game that isn't a favorite of mine at all. In short, it shows off how a console with the same CPU as the Vic20 could go toe to toe with the Genesis and SNES.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

Let me venture a guess........Is it Dracula X? Probably not LOL
    Last edited by indieseoul; 12-07-11 at 06:14.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast