Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wii U

Blog Entries

Default wii U

Well i am very dissapointed in the new wii u, to me its just using same technology thats already available but nintendo putting their hands into the touch market. Of all its features nothing has impressed me.

Blog Entries

This is Nintendo we're talking about here. Were you expecting anything less? *Waiting for "it's supposed to be more powerful than PS3!!1!1"*
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Yeah, I'm fairly disappointed, too, but Dhalamar is right. This is Nintendo. They've firmly planted their feet where they are and aren't budging. Despite the fact they've clearly lost the last few console generations, they seem to be quite fine with the success they've had. So... they've clearly got no fire under their butts to do anything different.

HATE THE FUCKING NAME. *ahem* Sorry.

Blog Entries

I walked into the booth on the way out and they had them installed in a wall and we will get back there tomorrow and give you our thoughts.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I think most people are going to be disappointed, but that's because Nintendo is putting this info out in what feels like too early a time. It would be like showing the Wii but only brought out the Wiimote. Then showed simulation video of people playing Gamecube games with it. Or how about in 2009 bringing up the tech for the 3DS and running glasses required 3D mockups of existing games.

Personally I'm not seeing this as a console announcement. I see it as an early look of tech to come. Can't want to see what comes out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    I think most people are going to be disappointed, but that's because Nintendo is putting this info out in what feels like too early a time. It would be like showing the Wii but only brought out the Wiimote. Then showed simulation video of people playing Gamecube games with it. Or how about in 2009 bringing up the tech for the 3DS and running glasses required 3D mockups of existing games.

Personally I'm not seeing this as a console announcement. I see it as an early look of tech to come. Can't want to see what comes out of this.
    I personally thought the same thing, it's all tech demos at the moment. It sounds like the technology could be put to some interesting uses, but that really depends on how creative the developers are. The Wii sounded promising too, but I personally don't think it delivered on the hype. It will probably be E3 2012 before we have a proper idea of how Wii U will fair game wise. It's also notable that they didn't announce the price too. That could be a big point of contention, as we are seeing with the 3DS.

I will say that it seems like it retains the original Wii casual focus more than I expected yet goes much further to attract the more traditional games. The Wiimote will still play a large part of the Wii U experience, since you can only use one Wii U controller per system, and that will facilitate a greater transition from the Wii to Wii U.

I will also say I'm glad Nintendo have gone this route instead of just banging out a Wii with a HDMI port and calling it a day.

Blog Entries

Wow now kids can throw a TV through their parent's TVs. Better put a heavy duty wrist strap on that thing. That's what I call picture in picture.

You guys realize Wii U is a brand new console, right?
    Sai de baixo. Eu sou muito macho. Eu sou muito macho pelo menos eu acho - chadfx.com

Blog Entries

Although it seems like a stretch - retrogamers should recognize the similarities between motion gaming and the golden age of arcade gaming. Principally that the Wii and Kinect have done a ton to bring everyday Joe back to playing games. Wii and Kinect (and likely WiiU) are more like classic arcade amusements than anything that has come out in about 20 or 25 years.

I've heard plenty of talk on the PodCast about how accessible pinball is because its so visceral and easy to pick up and play - the similarities to motion games should be obvious.

That doesn't mean we have to like it though.

It's just too early to tell for me. Concept is interesting enough, but show me the games. If it is just 360/PS3 ports with added features for the controller, I completely don't care. Also, need to see how they implement online. If it is Wii like, count me out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast