Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: wii U

Yes, I admit I'm lobbing a tiny incendiary in here, but I saw this making the rounds on reddit under the title, "People Who Don't Like Nintendo Games." I had a lerf.

These companies that are making shovelware titles for parents to play and buy their kids are still going to continue making those types of games when the Wii U comes out. My one complaint about the Wii wasn't the system itself, it was that the 3rd parties over saturated the system with crap. It's like going to Blockbuster and sorting through all the direct to video low budget turds and knock offs to find a gem. Hopefully with the Wii U, companies will port all of their games to all 3 systems (Wii U, PS3 and 360) and not give Nintendo a watered down version or nothing at all.

The Wii might of sold like crazy, but in terms of what people bought on the competition, it was 2 completely different scenarios. Ever since E3 I've seen posts at other boards saying stuff like "Yeah it looks cool, but it's a Nintendo product, so forget it.", and that's just sad

Blog Entries

I think that the Wii U and PSVita are just poor responses to the touch game phenomenon. I think that the major companies just don't understand why touch games are popular and they think that everyone even console gamers want it. Or they think that people that play touch games on their phones will be interested in buying a dedicated console for that purpose. Sadly they just don't get it. They have been wrong so often perhaps this time they will be right?

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    I think that the Wii U and PSVita are just poor responses to the touch game phenomenon. I think that the major companies just don't understand why touch games are popular and they think that everyone even console gamers want it. Or they think that people that play touch games on their phones will be interested in buying a dedicated console for that purpose. Sadly they just don't get it. They have been wrong so often perhaps this time they will be right?
    I've read plenty of positive remarks on both the Vita and the Wii U control schemes on various gaming sites. They are trying to fuse traditional pads with touch controls and I feel that what they delivered looks promising.

Well, the Wii U isn't really a touch controller. You still need a stylus.

Interestingly, the Wii is still selling very well. It's beating the 3DS at the moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tcv View Post
    Well, the Wii U isn't really a touch controller. You still need a stylus.

Interestingly, the Wii is still selling very well. It's beating the 3DS at the moment.
    It also has a full compliment of years worth of games and around $100 cheaper. The 3DS has a mostly shit launch lineup (same shit, different system mostly) with an eShop or whatever that JUST started.
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

I agree that the 3DS is just not working out. I keep hoping Nintendo will have something great for it come holiday season. We'll see. Even Zelda, as cool as it may be in 3D is still a re-release.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234