Thread: VGC Radio Episode 1

Default VGC Radio Episode 1

“Welcome to the very first episode of Video Game Cowboys Radio” those words were the first words uttered in what is sure to become a force in video game podcasting history. Nick Abrams, aka Nickerous, and Carl Williams, aka TriVerse, host this special episode that features an exclusive interview and two game reviews that throw down with gods and with fighting masters.

Rob Duenas, host of Sketchcraft and Art Director for Gamefan Magazine, discusses his roots in art, Gamefan and his special podcast, Sketchcraft where visual meets audio. VGC Radio follows the same family friendly guidelines as the site, safe for work and a good time all around for all ages and members of the family.

If anyone is interested in checking out our show, we would be grateful and please shoot over suggestions for improvements (that is the only way anyone can improve is if others let them know where to do it). This was a pretty cool episode to record, we grabbed an exclusive interview and played a couple of great games, what couldn't be more fun?

http://vgcradio.podomatic.com/
    The Phoenix will be revealed soon...

Blog Entries

Moved here.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Thanks for moving the post, I missed this thread originally (long day with the Dark Phoenix and all). Again, thanks man.

Blog Entries

I downloaded it and just finished it, sounds like your off to a good start. A few thoughts, I noticed you had some metal as a bumper later in the show but started with a soft intro, Pantera has the perfect intro for you.

If you are looking for bumpers and segment intros this guy does good work for a reasonable price.

Overall a good start, we certainly didn't go 0-60 on the first show, and no doubt you will think of more content and process improvements. Looking forward to the next episode.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

It sucks. Worst I've ever heard, even worse than mine. And the hosts are jerkoffs.

Wait ... never mind. I was thinking of something else. I think it had something to do with IGN. Downloading now, will more than likely get to it tonight. :P

*EDIT* I'm home. Listened to it. Loved the interview, loved the overall show. But how on Earth could Nick get LOST in God of War? The game is so insultingly linear the damn camera angles even tell you where you're supposed to go along with the level design. lol

And for what it's worth, there's a BEAUTIFUL HD remake of GoW 1 and 2 for the PS3. It's amazing how well those games hold up, and that collection along with upressing everything to 720p runs at a solid continuous 60 frames per second and (for those who care) has trophy support. And it has all the bonus content that came with God of War 2 like the behind the scenes stuff. I wish more games did that. And it's under 30 bucks now for the collection.

The only thing I absolutely loathe about those first two God of War games (don't know about the PSP versions. I've only ever played the demo for one of them. And I didn't even finish it. The first one is 10 bucks or less, so I'm just gonna buy the thing) are the damn tip-toeing platforming elements that GoW 3 thankfully got rid of.

And who the hell is "Roo"? You mean that kangaroo kid in Winnie the Pooh?

But quite literally the only complaints that I've got with regards to the show is the constant shift in audio quality throughout and the delivery of some things. It sounds like it was recorded (at least on Nick's end) at different times with drastically different audio setups each time. And the delivery of Nick talking about God of War made it sound like he was in a room full of sleeping people he didn't want to wake up. Now, granted, that shit didn't stop me from listening to it and loving it, but it was glaringly noticeable.

But keep it up, lovin' it. :P
    Last edited by Dhalamar; 04-04-11 at 02:20.
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.

I talked with SoCal Mike, I believe, about a year or so ago and I remember him mentioning Jeff Radio, we are definitely looking at using him for a commercial or two for the show (one PETA is simply NOT going to be happy with). Great voice work from that guy.

The opener is a commercially free to use song we found on a backwards Google search (i.e., fumbled onto it while looking for something else). The music used later in the episode is from the games reviewed in that episode and will change with each show, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. Gives a little variety to the show and keeps it a little bit lively, I think. I may be wrong. lol

We have several segments that won't be in every episode but will be making appearances over the first 4 to 6 episodes (depending on interview subjects and how long those interviews run). We are looking at doing interviews in the odd numbered episodes (#1, #3, #5, #7) and have already secured the 2nd and 3rd interviews based on feedback from our first so that schedule shoudn't be a problem to keep for awhile.

In the even numbered episodes, we have a segment or two that will replace the interviews and fill that time with, hopefully, interesting content that is unique from what everyone else is doing on their shows.

We don't do a news segment, at all, and some have expressed concern over this choice already. That is what we have the main site for, if anything newsworthy to us pops up, we put it there, so that it can be enjoyed quicker than waiting a month to hear about it (and being out of date by that point).

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. Episode #2 will feature new stuff and new reviews so it is going to be a little different than episode #1.