Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mame Cabinets, new listener, yes!

Woops, looks like I forgot to check the other two pages of posts in this thread. Nice cabinet, btw.

I was curious if there is a need to have a dedicated Insert Coin button(s) on a 2-player MAME cabinet (without a coin mech)?

Can MAME be configured so that the first press of a Player 1 Start gives a credit, the next press actually starts the game?

Also, If I just have one Insert Coin button, will I still be able to run games like Gauntlet (with 2 players)? I think it used separate coin slots to determine who would be which character.

Blog Entries

You can jumper coin 1 to player one start, or set the games to freeplay, easy.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

If you have an iPac you can use the SHIFT facility and assign an extra function to another button to use as a coin up.

P1 Fire 1 could be P1 Fire 1 and with SHIFT could also be Coin Up.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

I am using a Xin Mo & have 22 buttons total to work with. Although I want the action of coining up (I love the Atari BONNNGGGG sound for some reason), I didn't want to waste any inputs for it.

Here's what I settled on. The pinball flipper buttons will be the coin buttons while running MAME. One of the fire buttons or whatever can be the COIN while running PinMame.

Yep, it was easy!

Just "discovered" this thread... lot's of great information for my MAME cab build, now that I finally have a suitable cab to use.

Yeah there's a lot of good information and ideas in this thread. I definitely want to build a cab some day, but I'm torn between a mame cab and one of those X in 1 boards. I like the expand-ability offered by mame, but Scott's multi-board description make them sound like a nice low maintenance solution.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234