Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoundUp 29 - Skateboarding Cowboys

Blog Entries

Default RoundUp 29 - Skateboarding Cowboys

The March show is out and already the Top Ten Poll thread contains swearing, so we're doing something right!

A mammoth one again this month but when you have tiger blood and adonis DNA, you can't help but win!

EGC (Emergency Gaming Convention) - (00:00)
    Hardware Flashback - (32:57)
    Guinness Gaming Records - (59:28)
    Homebrew Review - (61:06)
    Commando Comics - (70:20)
    Jay Smith Interview - (88:26)
    Top Ten SEGA Mega Drive Games - (135:18)
    The British Hour - (280:12)
    Gaming Trivia - (297:46)
    News And Listener Views - (298:30)
    Fat Man Fever - (407:03)
    URLs And EMails - (410:41)

As always, See the shownotes page. Donate to the show.
    Join our Facebook Group. Listen to the February Outtakes.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Already downloading

Geeze, I just checked the site about 10 minutes ago and the February show was still the "current" one.

D/L to commence immediately. Bi-winning!
    Check out CYN CITY:
    http://cynicaster.blogspot.ca/

Winning!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicaster View Post
    Geeze, I just checked the site about 10 minutes ago and the February show was still the "current" one. Bi-winning!
    You need to refresh more often or cache less, it's been up all day.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMagpieUK View Post
    Winning!
    I win here and I win there.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Scott - A question about the Harmony cart. It'll be awhile before I can get one, but I'll write it down on my want list. Is it compatible with the 7800? I've been wanting to re-purchase a 2600 for awhile, but changed my mind and figured I'd get a 7800 (once again, down the road, not anytime soon) so I can enjoy titles from both the 7800 and 2600 libraries.

Blog Entries

It is, and your not wrong in looking to the 7800 as a 2600 solution. I would suggest the 7800 as an all in one solution for most folks.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

So regarding the Jay Smith interview; Of all the godfathers of classic gaming that we have had the good fortune to talk to, Jay is at the top of the list. His brilliant approach to engineering makes most engineers, and certainly myself, feel like amateur hour. Pay attention to every word this gentleman has to say.

And let me not under emphasize this point, into the interview you will hear the band kick in. We love this band, The Decedents of Erdrick,you have to check them out if they are in your town, but the volume that they were at assfucked our audio and we had background audio at 10x the interview. In a perfect world we would have the concerts in a separate room.
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 27-03-11 at 07:02.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Scott - A question about the Harmony cart. It'll be awhile before I can get one, but I'll write it down on my want list. Is it compatible with the 7800? I've been wanting to re-purchase a 2600 for awhile, but changed my mind and figured I'd get a 7800 (once again, down the road, not anytime soon) so I can enjoy titles from both the 7800 and 2600 libraries.
    Seeing is believing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRZWyppHY4

The guy who made the video seriously needs to cut to the chase, skip to about 5 minutes in or so.
    Check out CYN CITY:
    http://cynicaster.blogspot.ca/

Man, I'm loving the comic talk. I drift between hard core and casual comic book reader from year to year, and I've known for a while that tablets are the only way the comic industry can survive in the next few decades.

Anything less than a 10 inch tablet hurts the CBR experience. I'm hoping to get a sub-$200 10 inch Android Tablet whenever the OS matures.

British war comics of all eras are well known in the industry for being awesome. UK, It would behoove you to check out Queen & Country, an action drama about SIS operatives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_%26_Country