View Poll Results: Top-10 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Games

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZOOM!

0 0%
  • Herzog Zwei

3 13.04%
  • The Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune)

1 4.35%
  • Toe Jam & Earl

1 4.35%
  • Another World (Out of this World)

2 8.70%
  • Golden Axe

7 30.43%
  • Flashback-The Quest for Identity

3 13.04%
  • Phantasy Star III

1 4.35%
  • Dashin' Desperadoes

0 0%
  • The Adams Family

0 0%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2

5 21.74%
  • Comix Zone

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/11 Top-10 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GarrickGreathouse View Post
    If Bubsy or "Awesome Possum Kicks Dr Machino's Butt" make it into the honorable mentions list, I'll loose all faith in humanity.
    Uh oh.

LOL
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Why the fuck isnt there a Mario game in the list WOW just WOW?????????????????????

You guys got some splainin' to do. I'm gonna start this podcast in a minute. First of all, I'm going to go out on a limb here (I assume I won't have to go far) and guess that UK Mike is the wiseguy who picked Phantasy Star III. Also, I wonder if UK bumped his head after slipping on a banana peel, because I was certain that Fantastic Dizzy would be his number one pick. Of course, you didn't have to tell ME that he was the one who had the temerity to pick The Addams Family. In other news, water is wet.

Also, ahead of even listening to it, I'm going to assume that we get to hear UK say over and over that Genesis is a pop band and not a game console.

But really, not only is Phantasy Star III on here, but there's no Phantasy Star II or IV, and there's no Shining Force 1 or 2. Not even Landstalker or Beyond Oasis. What the heck?! What kind of no-sell baloney crap nonsense is that?! You have Climax, Camelot, and AM7, the three big RPG houses at Sega at the time, and you no-sell ALL of them to put an RPG on the list that was made by the Golden Axe team. Oh my anti-Christ! I'm going to listen right now just so I can know which one of you is responsible. And then you can know that I will frown at that individual for the entire duration until the next show is released.

Also, the best Sonic game on Genesis is NOT that overrated Sonic 2. It's Sonic 3 & Knuckles, the game you can only play if you have the two cartridges locked together. Sonic 2 is fine if you don't mind playing the game two-thirds of the way through and then giving up. Yeah, you heard me. Oil Ocean is the last fun level in Sonic 2. Everything after that is an exercise in frustration. Especially the three grueling stages of the Metropolis Zone, in which enemies like to attack you in ways that you can't evade. Yes, I hate those praying mantises, and I hate the robot crabs even more!

But you know what's REALLY weird about this last, gang? Think about it. It's the Genesis. What's missing? THE SPORTS GAMES! How is it that you don't even have NHL Hockey on here? Not even Mutant League Football.
    Last edited by TV's Mr. Neil; 26-03-11 at 11:23. Reason: So aghast, I had to edit

Mutant League.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TV's Mr. Neil View Post
    I guess that UK Mike is the wiseguy who picked Phantasy Star III.
    WRONG!

I was certain that Fantastic Dizzy would be his number one pick.
    Great game but not on this platform.

you didn't have to tell ME that he was the one who had the temerity to pick The Addams Family.
    Well, I have already reviewed it on the show in the past, so no biggie there.

I'm going to assume that we get to hear UK say over and over that Genesis is a pop band and not a game console.
    I resisted the temptation, LOL.

I will frown at that individual for the entire duration until the next show is released.
    Woah! This is getting serious.

What's missing? THE SPORTS GAMES!.
    Madden came close for me and I like Leaderboard too, and we mention in the segment, but all my picks are better than any sports game on the system.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

That was a trick. There is no such thing as a good Dizzy game. Nyaha!

You make a good point, though, UK. Accusing you of picking Phantasy Star III is almost...complementary.

So it's either SoCal or Scott who will be receiving the Phantasy Star III frowny face of doom. And I'm thinking it was Scott, since SoCal said he was a PSII guy. Feel my frown that is aimed in your general direction.
    Dasien - Superhero Webcomic
    Read it now at http://www.dasien.com

Here is my guess as to who picked what.

UK Mike - Brits tend to like puzzle games, Amiga ports, and cartoon looking mascots. Mike hates RPG's
    -Zoom
    -Flashback
    -Another World
    -Sonic 2

Socal Mike - Doesn't Socal always looks for hidden gems and arcade ports?
    -Toe Jam & Earl
    -Comix Zone
    -PS 3
    -Golden Axe

Scott - Loves military games, has questionable taste in other genres (he bought Terminator for the PS3). Fantasy spelled with a PH would be "too gay" for him to play.
    -Herzog Zwei
    -Adams Family
    -Dashin' Desperadoes
    -Chaos Engine

Blog Entries

You got two of mine correct. And yes, I would have picked PS2 over 3 so you know that wasn't me

UK Mike - Brits tend to like puzzle games, Amiga ports, and cartoon looking mascots. Mike hates RPG's
    -Zoom
    -Flashback
    -Another World
    -Sonic 2

Socal Mike - Doesn't Socal always looks for hidden gems and arcade ports?
    -Toe Jam & Earl
    -Comix Zone
    -PS 3
    -Golden Axe

Scott - Loves military games, has questionable taste in other genres (he bought Terminator for the PS3). Fantasy spelled with a PH would be "too gay" for him to play.
    -Herzog Zwei
    -Adams Family
    -Dashin' Desperadoes
    -Chaos Engine

Blog Entries

Sound reasoning for the most part, but if spelling something with a PH is too "gay" for Scott, he would be unlikely to pick a game with "Skateboarding Cowboys" in it LOL.

Oh, and you got 2 of mine too, but only 1 of Scott's
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I probably would have guessed these without any clues, but they did help narrow down a few:

SoCal:
    Zoom
    ToeJam & Earl
    Comix Zone
    Dashin' Desperados

UK:
    Flashback
    Another World
    Adams Family
    Chaos Engine

Scott:
    Golden Axe
    Herzog Zwei
    Phantasy Star 3
    Sonic 2
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.