View Poll Results: Top-10 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Games

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZOOM!

0 0%
  • Herzog Zwei

3 13.04%
  • The Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune)

1 4.35%
  • Toe Jam & Earl

1 4.35%
  • Another World (Out of this World)

2 8.70%
  • Golden Axe

7 30.43%
  • Flashback-The Quest for Identity

3 13.04%
  • Phantasy Star III

1 4.35%
  • Dashin' Desperadoes

0 0%
  • The Adams Family

0 0%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2

5 21.74%
  • Comix Zone

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/11 Top-10 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Games

Blog Entries

Default 03/11 Top-10 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Games

Well, obviosuly the March 2011 show is about to hit so the time has come to rag on our picks for our list of best Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Games.

phantasy star iii? really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid View Post
    phantasy star iii? really?
    Well, that didn't take long Ya, I am a Phantasy Star 2 guy myself. PH III was ragged before Zoom! Hilarious.

Surprised by MANY of the choices. I would have chosen Phantasy Star 2 or 4 over 3, and Sonic and Knuckles over Sonic 2 (lock on tech was pretty cool for that one). I am totally shocked that Scott didn't pick either Splatterhouse 2 or 3 (I'm willing to guess he picked Golden Axe).

I gotta applaud Another World and Flashback being picked, as those two really showed off the Genesis systems horsepower and how it could keep up with the CD based systems. Also glad to see Comix Zone, which was a great game with a great art style, that sadly got overshadowed.

wasnt zoom a puzzle game? i am a puzzle fan, so i can understand picking a puzzle game underdog... but phantasy star iii is just an odd choice. for all the cool elements the game had, the nipple attacks by the enemies is just too much to overlook

I'm going to preface with by saying "I assume this list didn't include any Sega CD games."

I don't like getting surly on this board..but...

What the F*ck is wrong with you people?

Phantasy Star 3? Really? At least "Toe Jam & Earl" and "Flash Back" are on the list, but Flash Back is just an Amiga port and shouldn't be put above other original games.

No Skitchen?
    No Valis 3?
    No Shadow Run?
    No Virtual Racing?
    No Mortal Kombat?

Were you guys too busy gnawing your toenails in the early 90's to play anything good? I know how much you guys love good arcade ports, so where the mother %&*#ing God#@$!! sloppy%$% $$%#@!guzzling hell is Golden Axe and Super Thunder Blade?

Check the list again Garrick, Golden Axe is up there.

Am I the only person that thinks Mortal Kombat (the original, not the second one) was grossly over-rated? If I wanted to pick a gory Genesis game, I'd go Splatterhouse 2 or 3. And I guess other people enjoyed Super Thunder Blade, but I thought it was a bastardized version of the arcade original.

Other than that, yep, I agree with most of the other games Garrick listed. Especailly Valis 3, Shadowrun, and Virtua Racing, the latter just for the internal DSP.

Blog Entries

We have Golden Axe on there

Quote Originally Posted by GarrickGreathouse View Post
    I'm going to preface with by saying "I assume this list didn't include any Sega CD games."

I don't like getting surly on this board..but...

What the F*ck is wrong with you people?

Phantasy Star 3? Really? At least "Toe Jam & Earl" and "Flash Back" are on the list, but Flash Back is just an Amiga port and shouldn't be put above other original games.

No Skitchen?
    No Valis 3?
    No Shadow Run?
    No Virtual Racing?
    No Mortal Kombat?

Were you guys too busy gnawing your toenails in the early 90's to play anything good? I know how much you guys love good arcade ports, so where the mother %&*#ing God#@$!! sloppy%$% $$%#@!guzzling hell is Golden Axe and Super Thunder Blade?

Blog Entries

Ya, I guess you could call it a puzzle game. I will admit that was one of my picks. I just love that game, plain & simple.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid View Post
    wasnt zoom a puzzle game? i am a puzzle fan, so i can understand picking a puzzle game underdog... but phantasy star iii is just an odd choice. for all the cool elements the game had, the nipple attacks by the enemies is just too much to overlook

Sorry, I'm 5 pints of beer into this...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast