Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car got wrecked, pics inside, all future videos delayed

hehe, I used to read Maddoxs page and he used to talk bad about the Baja. He never judged it on performance, just looks.

I had one in the area that I did look at, a 2003 one with 123,000 miles. The guy wanted around 7 grand for it, which I thought was a bit steep. Was I wrong? I actually kinda liked the idea of a car with a truck bed for small hauls.

Here's some of his other pics, I always laugh at these......

Last edited by Leathco; 04-04-11 at 10:04.

Blog Entries

You can find a model year newer, or maybe less mileage for that if you shop around. That is not allot of miles for a Subaru, on my STi I put 135k at just over 500hp, up from the stock 300hp, and drove it hard for 5 years and nothing broke. The engine in the Baja is just a milder version of the same basic design and is under far less stress. You can also get a bed cover (hard or soft) and that way you can use it for grocery trips and keep the 4 passenger capacity. There is a portal that feeds from the bed to the back seat so you can fold them down and have a deeper bed, the tailgate also flips down and a gate folds back to create an even larger bed on demand. It is a very adaptable truck.

Last edited by SubaruBrat; 04-04-11 at 10:17.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Thats pretty cool. I may re-check out that one when I get the insurance money. I'll admit I've never owned a Suburu (to be honest I'm a Dodge guy, but my wife won't let me get what I want, lol), is there any minor things I may wanna know?

Blog Entries

Maintenance is dead easy, you can do pretty much anything short of an engine swap with a 12, 17, and 19mm sockets and a screwdriver. They are overbuilt and you can push the hardware very far without breaking it, the tradeoff is that because they are heavier Subaru's MPG is not as good as some others. There are tons of aftermarket parts for performance and other mods. Subaru uses many common components between cars, I have always said they are like leggo blocks. For example nobody makes a lift kit for the Baja but there is one for the Legacy wagon which will fit the Baja so you can mount larger mud tires. If you consider doing something like that go for the turbo model for the extra HP. I assume that you would be leaving yours stock, the point being that you can really abuse them and they can take it so they are very robust in daily use. As a company, their engineering is something that I am very fond of, they believe in all wheel drive, horizontally opposed engines, and quirky designs which makes them a niche car company. However they go insane every decade or so and try to become Toyota. They alter or cancel the fan favorites and try to build a mass appeal car, they fail at this and then go back to being who they are. The Baja and the STi suffered from this with the Baja being canceled and the STi being softened into a oversize Ford Focus. The good thing about Subaru's common parts platform is that it doesn't much matter if you buy an out of production or limited production Subaru. The Baja is pretty much a Station wagon with a different body so the driveline, brakes, axles, bearings, radiator etc. are all used in many other Subarus. I should also mention that their all weather performance is amazing. Snow, mud, slick roads are all handled very well by the all wheel drive system, you can make an off-camber turn on a wet road at full throttle and it just goes around the corner smoothly as can be.

Subaru is also referred to as having the highest customer retention rate outside the Mafia, I have owned a Subaru since High School until just recently, I am waiting for them to come back to their base as they are off on one of their mainstream cycles.
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 04-04-11 at 11:45.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

You could always buy a new car. This one sounds very interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...EF%3AGB%3A1120
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123