Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a PSP, so give me some suggestions. heh

Too many games you should definitely play on the PSP, however you didn't indicate what your personal preferences are. I'll just give you a list of pretty damn good titles that I've thoroughly enjoyed (and in some cases finished):

God of War Chains of Olympus
    God of War Ghost of Sparta
    Silent Hill Shattered Memories (if you haven't played it already)
    Silent Hill Origins (not the best SH game but it's pretty good, I liked it!)
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
    Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
    Wipeout Pure
    Wipeout Pulse
    Warhammer 40k Squad Command
    Killzone Liberation
    Gran Turismo
    Motorstorm Arctic Edge
    Soul Calibur
    Tekken
    Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
    Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
    (while we're at it, you may want to play The Warriors, also by Rockstar and an excellent game if you're into this sort of thing)

Both Patapon and Loco Roco games (loved them!)
    Final Fantasy Tactics

The Lego games (Batman, Star Wars, etc) are all very good so if you're into this kind of thing and haven't played them already these are excellent versions to play.

You might like Little Big Planet as well.

And of course there are many JRPGs you might want to keep an eye out for, things like Star Ocean First Departure, Ys Seven, Ys Oath in Felghana, Ys I & II Chronicles, Lunar Silver Star Harmony, and so on and so forth.

I've left out many others, but this list should get you started
    "My good man, don't be ignorant of yourself; don't fall into the common error. For many are in such a hurry to pry into other people's business that they never turn to examining themselves. Don't refuse to face this duty then; make more serious effort to pay attention to yourself, and don't neglect public affairs if you have the ability to improve them. If they go well, not only the citizens, but your friends and you yourself will benefit at least as much as they will."

Blog Entries

I've played most of those (and I have Killzone Liberation) just going to count out the GTA games and RPGs. Can't get into RPGs and GTA is a pathetic excuse of a franchise. Just terrible. lol
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Aha! Well, while there are people who dislike RPG games (I'm not one of them) I'm not sure why you assume these GTA games are "pathetic" ... or did you mean ALL GTA games, on all platforms, are not your kind of thing? Because I assure you these are extremely well done and great fun to play.
    "My good man, don't be ignorant of yourself; don't fall into the common error. For many are in such a hurry to pry into other people's business that they never turn to examining themselves. Don't refuse to face this duty then; make more serious effort to pay attention to yourself, and don't neglect public affairs if you have the ability to improve them. If they go well, not only the citizens, but your friends and you yourself will benefit at least as much as they will."

Blog Entries

I've never had any fun with a GTA game. I had SOME fun with the original 2 on the PC, but then I played them later on and they were just boring as hell. And I've got the same reaction to all the other ones I've played (I own GTA 3, San Andreas, Vice City and Liberty City Stories for the PS2, GTA 1 and 2 with I think all the expansions and San Andreas for the PC ... I played the Game Boy Color version, the demo of Chinatown Wars on the iPod Touch and I used to have 4 for the 360).

I've been told by several people that if I don't like the missions in the games to just go around and cause chaos ... but even that gets boring quickly for me. And if I'm having to create my OWN fun in a game, there's something wrong. lol So yeah ... pretty much ALL GTA games. :P The last time I tried to play one of them I just ended up turning it off after a while just out of sheer mind numbing boredom.

And it's not that I don't LIKE RPGs ... I beat Dragon Warrior when I was a kid and Super Mario RPG (although I think a cat with down syndrome could beat that game. Not saying anything bad about it, but if I could beat it without many problems ANYONE can. lol). And Diablo ... if you count that as an RPG. I don't, but some people do. heh

I don't find anything wrong with them, I just don't get into them.
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Interesting.

So ... name some of your favorite platform(s) and game(s) .. give me an idea of what you like.

Blog Entries

If you like 3rd person action games then you will really enjoy: Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow and Syphon filter Dark Mirror. These games have an incredible replay value as well. Since they are pretty old I think you can pick them up for ten bucks or less new. They are stealthy type games but they don't pigeon hole you into being stealthy. If you want to go at it guns a blazing you can.