Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast Collection is out this week. Anyone picking it up?

Default Dreamcast Collection is out this week. Anyone picking it up?

So it looks like there is a new collection coming out for PC and Xbox 360.

Anyone out there picking it up?

Hmmmm.....no Jet Grind Radio. It's an interesting collection of games.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Not I. I still have my Dreamcast and all of these games.

This is a very barebones collection of Dreamcast games that have been or will be ported to Xbox Live. There are no extras, Sonic Adventure is limited to its original 4:3 aspect ratio, Crazy Taxi is missing some of the music and sponsors used in the original, and playing Sega Bass Fishing without the fishing controller takes a lot of the fun out of that game.

If Sega wants me to buy these games again they need to give me something - some behind the scenes/making of extras, upgrading the games to HD, and adding online play would have been nice.
    When you think you are a tough avenger, switch the difficulty to A, and then try Ultimate Yars!

I just wish they would throw in some arcade versions, Crazy Taxi was great on the DC, but there was something different between the arcade version and the DC. Even after I got DC and CT I would still drop the coin to play at the arcade...

I'll only pick this up if it goes cheap. The only reason being that I want to see Sega make more of these.

Blog Entries

I doubt that these are even Dreamcast ports, at least in the case of Sonic and Crazy Taxi ... I'm almost willing to bet they're ports of other ports. lol
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Dhalamar I love how positive you always are

Blog Entries

I have decided to boycott this for the sheer fact that they excluded Phantasy Star Online. It they remade that now, I know no less that 20 people that would buy it.They could host it on PSN and X-box Live. It would sell like bottled joy.
    Josh Wright

Reviewer for Game Gavel.com

My Email

My profile

Mr. Booshy on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by JoshWright View Post
    I have decided to boycott this for the sheer fact that they excluded Phantasy Star Online. It they remade that now, I know no less that 20 people that would buy it.They could host it on PSN and X-box Live. It would sell like bottled joy.

Yup, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Man, I spend WAAAY too many hours on that game!

Not a chance. If this was designed to appeal to us old farts after the rather good Megadrive Collection then I think it will fail.

Saw it in EB Games yesterday and only four included games? I know a lot of the Dreamy's heavy hitters were by third-party developers, but it still isn't good enough.

I still have my Dreamcast and the old girl still gets a lot of play, but would have picked this up for any added online features had it been a better package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast