Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Hack and Emulators

Default PSP Hack and Emulators

Anyone know good forums for PSP emulators?

I finally got my PSP hacked and a bunch of emulators, but I can only get the Coleco emulators to run, a few of the Ataris, MAME starts I pick a game and it freezes, and the GBA one is in Japanese. I have found a few good tutorials, but it is a lot of guessing

Another question I have is should I downgrade? I am at 6.35, and I have reinstall the CFW every few games or I get a lot of corruption, or did I screw up?

Blog Entries

I have most things (all the ones I care about anyway) emulated on mine. I'll put them up somewhere but it includes:

2600, Coleco, Intellivision, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Master System, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Mega Drive, Gameboy Advance, PC Engine, Playstation, SCUMMVM.

MAME works but with very few games reliably. Honestly it is a waste of time in my opinion but I do keep it for about 6 games that I know work.

I don't know about downgrading, once mine was up and running I left it alone and haven't touched the firmware in a while.

I bought one of these last week as it works out much cheaper to buy 2 MicroSD cards than it is to buy 1 Memory Stick.

http://www.oneplacetoshop.co.uk/imag...-064-011_a.jpg
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

You don't need to downgrade. In fact these days you don't even need to hack anything. A group of hackers found the keys to the PSP believe it or not on the PS3! Now there are signed emulators and a signed custom firmware lite that you can use. You can find signed emulators and homebrew games here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

Setting up an emulator is not that difficult.
    Steps:
    1. Unzip the emulator you downloaded from that site. (winrar 7zip etc..)
    2. Put the folder (example Snes) into your psp games folder.
    3. Get some roms google and torrents are your friend.
    4. Make a roms folder in the same folder as your emulator and put the roms in that folder.
    5. Play some retro goodness.

This can be done on any firmware 6.36 and below. I would advise staying on 6.35 with 6.36 you may need a homebrew loader program which increases the difficulty and compatibility.

If you want a signed CFW lite then you can go to: www.psp-hacks.com search for 6.35 prohen. Again the prohen is not necessary unless you plan on playing backup games or for an emulator that has yet to be signed. I think that you will find most of the emulators on that site I linked. As you know roms are illegal unless you own the game and maybe even then. So I can't post a link for how to find them. Like I said google and torrents are your friends.

Hope that helps.

Looks like you probably already have the prohen on your psp. You said that it was "hacked" With these signed emulators you don't need to run the prohen at all.
    Some emulators like the genesis and GBA need a bios file to work. make sure you google that too!

Just to make things clear or perhaps more confusing "signed" homebrew and emulators means that any psp model (psp 1000, psp 2000, psp 3000 and psp go) can use this without any modification of the firmware as long as your official firmware is 6.35 or lower. If you have a higher firmware like 6.37 for example there are still options to run some homebrew using a homebrew loader. Sony is trying to kill homebrew and the use of emulators so don't update past 6.35 if you haven't already.
    Last edited by indieseoul; 18-02-11 at 05:21. Reason: additional info

Sorry to be a party pooper, but it is still illegal to download ROMs even if you own the game, especially in the uk. What's not illegal is making your own ROMs from your own games; subtle difference, but critical in law! Also, copyright where no financial gain is an interesting loophole, but again it's complicated as the ability to circumvent copyright protection (often needed to make your own ROMs) is potentially illegal in the USA under the Millenium Act.

Basically, backups (real backups) are probably ok. Breach of T&C could bring civil if not criminal prosecution. Up to you, but go in with your eyes open and consider the (probably low for an individual) risks.

Going to sound like a wanker, but.... First I am not in the UK, so not a worry for me. Two if you listen to one of the earliest RGR podcasts, the fellows talk about ROMs and emulation, I have so many versions of XYZ that it is ridiculous, yet there are those few games that have never gotten a arcade faithful port to home, for example: Donkey Kong, and DK jr, Karate Champ (iPhone game is great, but controls blow for anything more than a round or two) Gun*Smoke (C64 was pretty damn good, and the NES was ok but not an Arcade port) Return of the Jedi I could go on and on... Point is only option for some is emulation and ROMs, I believe as Scott put it, "it is a necessary evil"

Blog Entries

Anyone know if they've busted through version 6.37?
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Blog Entries

Just saw your post about 6.37. Currently all versions of firmware have a custom firmware that you can easily install yourself. Here is the link to the 6.39 CFW Hen Pro B 6.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/05/29/...o-b6-released/

This is for all psp models. Yes I said all of them. It's easy to install all you have to do is download the files. Once you have the files copy the FastRecovery and ProUPDATE folders to the game folder on your psp. Ignore the SDK folder. Then disconnect your psp from the computer and go under the game category on the xmb. You will see two icons. click on the one that says Pro hen B. It will do some things and there you go you have a hacked psp. It stays only in the ram so if you shut your psp down completely then all you have to do is select the pro recovery icon under game on your xmb.

If anyone needs help pm me and I'll gladly offer assistance.
    Last edited by indieseoul; 06-06-11 at 07:45. Reason: New Info

I got 6.60 CFW Pro B10 running on My Slim TA088 v3. I need a good Coleco emul. I have found several with no luck.

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

Mark Twain
    3ds friend code: 0817-3821-6504
    Mario Kart racer community: 65-1417-7306-7334
    PSN Name: tomtom2play

Blog Entries

I use Colem and don't recall any issues with it.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

About the 6.60 Pro B10: I have heard that some emulators and homebrew do not work because of something that Sony changed in the latest firmware. Keep trying until you find one that does. I never updated past 6.39 so I'm not sure which one will work.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast