Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP Hack and Emulators

Blog Entries

I've got that exact same adaptor. I put two 16gb sd cards in so my PSP has 30gbs of storage. They are cheap as chips but are definitely worth getting.

PSP question.
    I upgraded my custom firmware and now have lost the ability to run Homebrew / emulation.
    I can still run the ISO's etc.
    Thoughts?

random_dave Guest

iirc there was some homebrew that needed kernel mode access to run (allowed lower level access to the hardware) and some firmware doesn't have this allowed, or something

i seem to remember one of my 5.50 firmwares formatted the memory cards with a GAME, GAME150 and GAME371 folders and you put stuff that required 1.5 or 3.71 style access in their folders and it tried to launch them in a seperate mode

Blog Entries

Hey Spin just a few questions here to help you get this sorted. What version of the custom firmware are you running? What version of the psp do you have? Are you putting the homebrew/emulators into the psp/game folder? I'm very good at hacking things so I'm sure we can probably sort this problem out. PM me and we can get it going for ya.

Indie, lets do most of the work here.
    Might help someone in the future.
    I was running everything that I wanted.
    ISO, homebrew etc.
    Updated and didn't notice that Mame and the homebrew went away.
    So now just don't know.
    I have tried the GAME150 folder etc.
    Because everthing worked I then tried to go backwards but it all ends the same.
    No homebrew working.So
    I have a PSP Phat Beleive I was at 5.00 M33-4 at one point of time.
    I updated to 620PRO
    then went to 5.50 gen-d3
    I can update to whatever I put in so what do you think?
    I can go to whatever just want Pacman CE and Mame to work.
    Dont really want any new games, just the arcade stuff.

Blog Entries

Yikes 5.50 gen-d3 is one of the most buggy firmwares you could put on a psp. I suggest that you and everyone update to 6.60 pro cfw.

Use this handy guide from Wololo: http://wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw...1000-psp-phat/

I'm currently using this version of mame on my psp 3000 but I heard that it will also work on the phat model.

PSP MAME4ALL [v4.9r2]:
    http://filetrip.net/dl?sur70vJboK

If you are lucky you didn't semi brick your psp when you installed 5.50 Gen D3. I've heard that that firmware bricks 1 out of every 3 psp's.

Follow the guide linked above and you should be enjoying some sweet mame action!

I will put that on it.
    The reason I went to the 5.5 was that the 6.2 didnt work.
    What I have read is that 6.6 was no return to others and I chickened out.
    Will push up to 6.6 and see what happens.

Blog Entries

Update: Looks like Hellcat hasn't finished his version for 6.60 yet. It does seem like maybe Gen D3 has semi bricked your psp. If you haven't already tried to update to 6.60 yet then I suggest you try using Hellcat to go back to 5.00 M33 CFW. It seems that Gen D3 is quite the psp killer and this might be a safer bet to avoid bricking. If it's not too late try this. Hellcat

Well if your psp does brick there is a solution that doesn't require the use of a pandora battery. It's called Hellcat Recovery Flasher and it will make it possible to change your firmware back as far as 5.50. If you don't like 6.60 you can always use this program to revert to something older. Just please never install 5.50 Gen D3!

Hellcat Recovery

What exactly do you mean by 6.20 didn't work? Do you mean you lost the ability to run homebrew?
    Last edited by indieseoul; 25-01-14 at 03:07.

My PSP had the same problem using 6.20
    No homebrew / mame
    I can run everything else just not home brew.
    I went backwards to see if something would open up.
    Honestly I doubt that the 5.5 is the problem.
    No go in the 6.2 but I can try to go to 6.6 just read a few things that scared me.
    You know the deal once you update there is no turning back etc.

Blog Entries

Well I've heard that 5.5 Gen D can cause some major problems and that to be safe it's better to use Hellcat to go back to 5.00 M33 before upgrading to 6.60 pro or 6.60 ME. I honestly don't know why the homebrew is not working on your current set up unless of course it didn't install properly or perhaps you are not using homebrew that is compatible with 5.50 Dgen.

Also how did you go from 6.20 back to 5.50 did use an appropriate downgrader or did you just install it over 6.20? Did you use a pandora battery?

I avoided 5.50 Gen D back in the day because it removed the 1.5 kernal capabilities of the original phat that I was using at the time. So my advice would be to follow that Hellcat tutorial very carefully and just rewrite your flash to a safer custom firmware before going on to 6.60.

If you don't want to go to 6.60 then I suggest sticking with 5.00 M33. With that you can run tons of older homebrew including mame and if you use Hellcat at least you will know that you have a rewritten flash without errors. Naturally read the tutorial carefully and understand that every time you flash a psp there is a risk of bricking it.

If you want a good setup buy a newer psp one of the slim models and just install 6.60 on that. They are quite cheap to buy these days and you can take advantage of homebrew that uses the extra ram capabilities.

Add me to your skype and I can get a better picture of what the problem is. I can point you in the direction that will be safest for your setup. Using a forum to do this is difficult at best.
    Last edited by indieseoul; 25-01-14 at 08:07.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast