Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German gaming expo plans

Blog Entries

Default German gaming expo plans

The immediate plan is to attend a retro expo that already exists in 2014, the suggested goal which might be possible with listener help in planning is to hold our own expo in 2015, Frankfurt would be a good place. What are your ideas? Thus far we know;

Gamescon is on a bad date.

Retro Borse in Oberhausen in October is ideal timing wise but very short at just an afternoon.

Deutsch Retro-Gaming-Fans sind wir versucht, eine expo planen und könnte deine Hilfe gebrauchen. Die unmittelbare plan ist es, eine retro expo, der bereits im Jahr 2014 zu besuchen, das vorgeschlagene ziel, das möglich sein könnte mit Hörer Hilfe bei der Planung unserer eigenen expo im Jahr 2015 zu halten, wäre Frankfurt ein guter Ort sein. Was sind Ihre Ideen?
    Schreiben Sie in Englisch oder Deutsch, alles gut und alles klar.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

Frankfurt is easy to get to, the airport is a major EU hub. I think Lufthansa are based there.

Seems a lot of work to have to organise our own when we're not "on site" and there must be other options.

I have a call in to a UK guy who attends a few German shows. I'll let you know what he suggests.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Oh, and is "gamnig" German for gaming?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

SID Kidd64 Guest

I haven't been on any retro expos/events in Germany since ages, so maybe some of the other Krauts listening to the RGRU Über-podcast can help us out on getting this locked and sealed

From what I know there are a lot of frequent small events happening (attendence <100 people), mainly scene events (demo Parties) and forum user meetings. Retrobörse (btw. thats Oberhausen in the Dortmund/Essen area!!! 2 1/2hrs drive from Frankfurt, not Rheinland at all ) is mainly an indoor retro game swap meet/fleamarket.

One other point is we will have to find some event with enough English speaking people, which can be an issue. It would be good not to focus(RS) too much on the Rheinland area - Berlin (IMHO) should be also an option. There is a Computer Games Museum (http://www.computerspielemuseum.de/) that holds events as well - maybe we can also work something out with them. Or I'll go full force on my tour managing duties - organize a van and do a weekend-long RGRU promotion tour and we'll join several events.

Blog Entries

Bochum has a RetroBörse several times a year.
    http://www.retroboerse.de/

In Munich around Easter there's the VCFE.
    http://www.vcfe.org/E/

Then there's my mates who run the Oldenburg Computer Museum.
    http://www.computermuseum-oldenburg.de/

Eurocon is in Linz, Austria next year.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/222817271066365/photos/
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

The reason I was focused on that area is because that is where I lived and where I tend to visit when I go, not a requirement by any means but since I will be vacationing there anyway I was looking for something local to attend, and to me 2.5hr drive is localish. So lets see what shakes loose after the show is out for a while and what people are interested in. So keep that info coming!

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

focusrs Guest

Ich werde über alle Deutschen Retro!

Brumisator Guest

I can work as a translator if needed, although my German is a bit rusty. I also know a few people who work at Nintendo Europe in Frankfurt...aaaand I get cheap flights from my own city to there, so that would be marvelous.

Not really a city I'd recommend visiting for general toursim, though. It's got banks and nothing to see.

Blog Entries

I used to live about 45 min from Frankfurt and visit there when possible, so I am somewhat focusing the search in that area.

Follow us on Facebook!

SID Kidd64 Guest

Any news on this? Like I said, I havn't been to retro events since ages...where are the other german listeners ?