Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinball Wizard Arcade, New Hampshire.

Default Pinball Wizard Arcade, New Hampshire.

I'll also send this info to the news section, but...

Just got back from what could be the best arcade I've ever seen. In many ways, better than Funspot. I'm serious.

It's called the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH. It just opened about a month ago. The owner, a real champ of a lady who has been collecting and servicing pins and arcades for 30 years. A true gamer, a true lifer in a field that isn't exactly known for drawing women. The collection available for play includes about 200 games, about 120 vids and 80 pins - all in PERFECT condition and in excellent working order. In fact, of all +/- 200 games, only 2 were out of order - one of which was fixed while we were waiting to play it. My wife and I were blown away by some of the games, I mean - this was an incredible collection, featuring some games we'd never heard of, let alone played. The pins alone - Party Zone, Dr. Dude, full-and-working Banzai Run, Rescue 911 (which was awesome). As for vids - All the classics, including a gorgeous Mappy (UK, your favorite, if I'm not mistaken?) And my favorite ICE COLD BEER! The whole place was incredible. Also, they have Skee-Ball and some nice pool tables.

I got a chance to speak with the owner for a bit, she's not really what you expect. Seems like a young mom-type, but has incredible passion for her trade, space and collection. Not one button stuck, not one piece of sideart dinged. These look about as fresh from the factory as games can get.

I cannot recommend this place enough if you're in the New England area. It's only been open for a month, and already I can tell it's going to give Funspot a run for its money. It's about 45 mins from Boston if that makes any difference to anyone. I took some video and pics that I'll post up shortly.

There's not much of a web presence yet, but here's the address:
    http://pinballwizardarcade.com/
    Wise from your gwave!

Blog Entries

Wow. Awesome find man. I'm a pinball junkie from way back, something like this just interests the hell of out me. Great job!
    Josh Wright

Reviewer for Game Gavel.com

My Email

My profile

Mr. Booshy on Steam

I was just there last week, and I'm already planning to get some old friends together and have a birthday bash there on March 8th. Ice Cold Beer was down at the time I was there, but the Manager (I didn't get to meet the owner) said that it's one of the owner's favorites, so it wouldn't stay down for long.

The next time you're there. Take a look at the Centipede machines. They're signed.

It was down for a few minutes when we got there, but fixed as we played something else. Oh man, I must have plugged 5 bucks into that thing. Is that place the greatest or what?
    Wise from your gwave!

Blog Entries

I had about a 20 min conversation with Sara the owner before the news just to get some basic facts to add in to the submission. At the very least she has her shit together. Engineer to engineer I was picking up what she was putting down, if only such a place would open up closer to me. And funny enough, my neighbor and I had a conversation about doing just such a thing. It came down to two things.

1. None of us want to quit our day jobs and give up all of our free time.
    2. Who knows what happens when you open the door, a flood or a trickle.

So we applaud her guts.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

It really was an amazing place. I'm sure she's betting a lot on its success, but the place is clearly busy. It's positioned properly in a strip-mall with a ton of restaurants, bars and a movie theater. It was packed on Sunday afternoon when I was there. I hope this doesn't become a 'remember that place?' and becomes a staple and destination of our community for years to come. I mean, hell, they have Ice Cold Beer for crying out loud!
    Wise from your gwave!

MrFrumble Guest

I can't wait to check this place out.

LovelyWong Guest

I am going to be visiting it this June. I can't hardly wait. One pin they have that have not seen in 20+ years now is Firepower 2. That is going to be the first pin I play when I get there.

I just took a drive in florida to a car dealership. Stumbled across a big place called "MIDWAY ARCADE". Woah... hang on... need to go back on the return trip. So I did. Was I in for a shock? You betcha... slot machines and super-trailer-trash (worse than your usual). Couldnt get out quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyWong View Post
    I am going to be visiting it this June. I can't hardly wait. One pin they have that have not seen in 20+ years now is Firepower 2. That is going to be the first pin I play when I get there.
    Let me know when you're going in June, I'll try and stop by.
    I also highly suggest bringing your appetite and going to Suppa's Subs nextdoor. Great food, huge portions, and reasonable prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast