Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS - $249

Default Nintendo 3DS - $249

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...h_27_In_US.php

This is pretty much what we expected, but too rich for my blood. I'll stick to my iTouch for portable gaming. I'd definitely like to try one, though, maybe once I got my hands on it and saw it in person I might be more inclined to dish out the money.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

But hey, only one friend code across all games: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/3d...e-friend-code/

That's good!
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

It looks nice, but for the time being I'll stick with my original DS. I have no doubt that in time there will be something on there that I absolutely must play, but until then I will wait. That and I have no money. And $249 US will probably end up as at least £199 in the UK, because games companies hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
    And $249 US will probably end up as at least £199 in the UK, because games companies hate us.
    You wish. Over at C&VG they say that HMV is considering £229 and play.com £219. No word yet from amazon. Of course this points to a 249 euro price for mainland Europe. So for everyone to understand with today's rates 249 euro = $335. FYI this price hike in the UK and EU has been going on for years.

Blog Entries

Fuck that, we need to set up a DS for UK exchange here for our US listeners to take paypal and ship to our UK friends.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    Fuck that, we need to set up a DS for UK exchange here for our US listeners to take paypal and ship to our UK friends.
    You need to buy the 3DS for your particular region due to the online/networking functionality. There's no definitive word on region locks for boxed games, either.

I'll be pre-ordering from Amazon as soon as they make it available. Not sure if I'll get black or blue yet, or if I'll even be able to have a choice at launch...

Blog Entries

Yeah, I am jumping all the way to moded, stock considerations may apply, good point.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I suspect I'll follow the same behavior I've followed the previous few releases. The unit will debut. I'll read the launch-day stories and feel intrigued, but I won't want to deal with the launch weekend hoopla. So, I say I'll wait.

Some time later, Nintendo (or a third-party) will release some sort of game changer, pardon the pun. The press will say that this new game is the reason to own a 3DS. This will probably get me into the store, but not initially. One day, I'll be near a Gamestop or I'll see one in Wal*Mart. I'll try it out.

Typically this isn't enough for me to buy one. Eventually, I'll just want to play a few games on something new and the 3DS will be an affordable option. (It may have even gone down in price by this point.) So, I'll pick one up with a couple of games including the one the press fawned over months back.

I'll play it pretty often for awhile but then I'll run into a long-true fact: I am not very good at video games. I'll try to play through my weaknesses for awhile, but the frustration will set in eventually and I'll put the 3DS down.

At some point, my niece will borrow it to play something that she's borrowing. She'll ask me to keep it and I'll probably say, "Yes," since I've not played with it for months.

End scene.

Welp, I guess I'm disappointed. I was hoping it would be $300 so I could continue making my jokes about the 300 movie poster with Iwata as King Leonidas, LOL.

Also, I guess we'll need to retire the "300DS" moniker that highly annoys the Nintendo crowd .
    Last edited by Flare; 20-01-11 at 02:57.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_loguidice View Post
    You need to buy the 3DS for your particular region due to the online/networking functionality. There's no definitive word on region locks for boxed games, either.

I'll be pre-ordering from Amazon as soon as they make it available. Not sure if I'll get black or blue yet, or if I'll even be able to have a choice at launch...
    I agree with Subaru, nothing a good old jailbreak cannot fix .

I won't jump on one until an Acekard type solution exists for it. Nintendo may swear by their "unbreakable anti-hacking measures" but hey... that's what Sony said about the PS3...