Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Read any good books lately???

Yes it is available for the Kindle and it is the 25th anniversary extended edition! Sad thing is I think the $9.99 for the kindle version is 3 times what I paid for it originally, definitely twice what I paid

Eh, I'm okay with the price. It's nice to be able to read it on my Kindle or my phone.

My wife picked up a copy of "Atari Inc. Business is Fun" for me. I'm about halfway through it... WOW, What a fantastic read so far!

Blog Entries

Just read "Packing for Mars" which is a detailed and amusing overview of life in space (non-fiction) and should have been a textbook in my grad school program. Far from being a dry text it has some really funny parts like where the author was allowed to try out a demo of the toilet trainer for the space station which has a camera built in for learning alignment. Its not meant for actual "use" and she almost used it by accident. Pretty reasonable from Amazon, about 12 bucks delivered.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I also have the Peter Criss "Make-up To Break up" book in the on deck circle.

Blog Entries

I have read all the KISS biographys and while Ace's was pretty good Peter's was hands down the best rock autobiography I have ever read. Even if I was not a Kiss fan I would have to say this is the best autobiography out there for rock.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

As far as biographies, I've read a couple recently. The Iron Maiden bio is an interesting read of a band which was in the right place at the right time. Bret Harts bio is a great look inside what really happens in wrestling during the 80s and 90s.

I recommend Computer Lib/Dream Machines by Ted Nelson. There is a pdf at

http://library-genesis.com/Computer%...n.1234999.html

It's a large format book with small type that isn't at all ideal for reading on the screen, but as it is a rare book that may be the easiest option.

The book was written in 1974 and is about what was happening with computers at the time with a strong emphasis on grassroots users and the new potential being unlocked as computers would soon take the first steps towards becoming available to the general public.

Retrobitcritic Guest

The book Geektastic, though not centered completely around the gaming area, it involves alot of content and stories by people who are starwars fans and startrek.
    Last edited by Retrobitcritic; 21-03-13 at 05:45.

drich255 Guest

The Steve Jobs biography was very interesting. I listened to the audio version and the reader did a great job.
    Last edited by drich255; 10-04-13 at 07:26.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast