Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Blog Entries

Default 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

IGN game this a 9 / 10 and it turns out it appears to be a very short run on this game, and a fantastic game at that.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1140602p1.html

Try and hunt one down before the price on these gets out of hand. I found one copy at my local GameStop for $34.95 and picked it up.

How's the game? Is it like an RPG? Or a "find stuff" type?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flare View Post
    How's the game? Is it like an RPG? Or a "find stuff" type?
    Hey Flare,

I am going to spend some time with it today and will report back. From what I have read, it's like an interactive novel, lots of reading and various areas where you take control and try to get out of weird situations via puzzle solving. It has been getting rave reviews so really looking forward to seeing what it is all about.

random_dave Guest

Just wanna give another shout out for this

I'm nearing the end of my second run through (first time i got the "Bad Ending" so i'm gunning for a better one) and as soon as i start playing it I'll be hooked for the rest of that day, occasionally snapping the DS into sleep mode to do something useful like wash, but then it'll be straight open again.

On subsequent runs through you can super speed through story sections that you have previously read, so it makes it less daunting to run through again, and I've just made an alternative decision that's now opened up a whole load more story about one of the characters, and the background to why/how/where it is all happening, that i didn't get from the first playthrough.

If there's any fans of graphic adventures, sound novels or even text adventures I highly recommend you get it, to everyone else i standard recommend it.

I love the fact i can sit eating dinner and with one hand be able to hold the DS and scroll through text and do some of the puzzle solving all whilst the other hand is free to shovel food in me gob.

I can't wait to get the sequel on the Vita, a: because Nintendo are jackasses and region locked the 3ds, but b: DAT HIGH-RES TEXT ON THE VITA SCREEN

I see copies on fleabay for under $30..... wondering if I should pick it up

random_dave Guest

I've bought it twice now, as i gave my original copy to my girlfriends sister for xmas, and then needed to replace it, so in all i've spent basically $60 on it and have zero regrets

reached another ending at lunch, was really amazed how different the two playthroughs turned out to be, went straight into a third

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    ...as soon as i start playing it I'll be hooked for the rest of that day, occasionally snapping the DS into sleep mode to do something useful like wash, but then it'll be straight open again...

...I love the fact i can sit eating dinner and with one hand be able to hold the DS and scroll through text and do some of the puzzle solving all whilst the other hand is free to shovel food in me gob.
    Ah, the joys of NOT being married...

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    Yup - almost remember those happy days. Not quite, but almost

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    I live with my long term girlfriend, i just ignore her a lot

Also, i think I'm just wrapping up the final ending that i needed to complete the 6 possibilities, and have preordered an import of the sequel, just gotta wait till october for it

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    I live with my long term girlfriend, i just ignore her a lot
    I used to live with a long term girlfriend before I met my wife. She was extremely tolerant of my gaming, not complaining when I would play endless hours of GTA Vice City and San Andreas on the PS2. Of course we eventually broke up, but I can't tell whether the gaming had anything to do with it.

Unfortunately, that stuff doesn't work with a wife - at least not mine (or Retroshaun's, apparently)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast