Thread: Mid-month cast proposal...

Default Mid-month cast proposal...

Ok, this is more of a suggestion and question rather than something that's actually happening. But I want to make a proposal to SocalMike, UK Mike and Scott about a possible "Mid-Month" podcast for Retro Gaming round-up.

Here's the deal, sure there's plenty of content for the show at the moment, and it's a great monthly podcast with plenty of laughs, news, and commentary. However since you guys are a generation above me, as in video games, I thought it would be interesting to have a podcast that's aired by those who are a part of the Nintendo/Sega generation. Not saying that the Atari generation was bad or anything, but I hardly hear much about the NES, SNES, Master System and MegaDrive from you guys. Sure you did a best Master System and GameBoy top ten, but most of the time you're talking about Atari, Intellivision and other early 8 bit machines. I thought it would be interesting if someone from the Nintendo/Sega generation threw their 2 cents into the pile too...

I already have ideas for content for this show, though mind you it's all in my head right now and not on paper, better get going on that if I want to see this in action. Things such as how media kept us interested in games, such as TV shows, Magazines and the occasional pop track. I can include things such as crazy peripherals that not a lot of us know, such as the Bandai ST. Teleview and the XBAND. And mention whole mascot characters such as Mario and Sonic helped (and fueled the flames) the games industry in the early 90s.

If you have any comments or questions, please ask, thanks.

Blog Entries

We have done some 16bit stuff in the past but yes we are due some more, but if somebody else wants to host their own show focusing on that then there is more than enough room for it out there.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Thinking about it though, I could just contribute stuff for the main podcast, would that be possible?

Blog Entries

Nice gesture, but as a group we made a decision quite early on not to include submitted material like that.

The end result would be that we would then feel obliged to include everything sent to us, and we would end up offending more people than we would please, so sadly not.

Having said that, we did make a threat of having segments where listeners join us in a round table type chat, and some showed an interest in doing that, so if we ever get around to finally doing it then you would be welcome, but that would obviously not be a monthly thing.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Ok cool, give me a call when you want to do these roundtables, I would like to contribute to that