Thread: Live and Learn, what this forum is all about

Blog Entries

Default Live and Learn, what this forum is all about

When we began the show I had an idea for Tech Questions to be an onair segment but the vast majority of questions I get need more time than is available in the already crammed show and following up is not easy. So more often than not I have found myself sending fairly long replies that only get seen by that one person and are not captured for the listeners. My intent was never to be an online repair adviser so much as it was to help the person with the problem and share the learning experience with the listeners. So to that end I have decided to post responses to questions sent in here in this forum so that others can be entertained and learn that this stuff is really not as scary as it sounds. As I have said, the majority of all coin-op repair is done with a basic multimeter.

Just a few things to keep in mind;

1. If you have experience or knowledge to offer jump right in, any and all are welcome to comment and assist.

2. Troubleshooting while not there in person can be frustrating on both ends and despite best efforts not everything can be fixed remotely.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I hope we still see a tech segment every so often. I loved last years C64 special, and the recent consumer/industrial pinball comparison.

I hope we still see a tech segment every so often. I loved last years C64 special, and the recent consumer/industrial pinball comparison.

Blog Entries

We certainly will, this is ONLY related to questions about repairing games.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com