Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back from auction, some finds, news, and show favorites

Blog Entries

Default Back from auction, some finds, news, and show favorites

Got a chance to play Lucky and Wild, a show favorite. It is pretty cool, one player drives a car and the other has two Uzi style guns that you shoot the enemies with, and all sorts of novel threats pop up like the sticks of dynamite that land on your hood. It went cheap as well.

Auction itself was down in size a bit, about 2/3 of what it usually is, and prices were up. Which is odd, you would think that prices would be down, and operators looking to move old inventory to buy money makers with fewer profits available to do so with. Odd.

The Avatar pin looks even better in person and it plays nicely, a bit of a drain down the middle game but that is easily overlooked, the game has a very polished look and if you like Avatar and want a family friendly pin this is the one. I give it an overall 9 out of 10.

The first game I picked up was a Pong, low serial number.

I also picked up a Battlezone, this was on the list for a long time, but just now got around to it. I was very tempted by the Golden Axe next to it but it emulates so well and the cabnet is rather plain so I passed.

My third get was an electromechanical Aviation themed game that was in fair shape, I gave it the once over and ordered the parts. The game was only $225 and the parts $150 so for $375 I will have a very clean game.

I got plenty of audio for an auction HWFB in the near future.
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 10-10-10 at 11:03.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

I can't believe you picked up an original Pong.

Nice find but what was the price?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Nice find on the pin. Looks very clean, with a nice playfield.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the pin was probably retired early after the solid state machines hit. The plays are on the low side of the average and there was a layer of filth protecting the playfield from wear..... All things considered the game is very restorable. The rusty legs and bolts went in the trash, I stripped the playfield and all it needs is a clean and wax. The standoffs were yellowed and will be replaced. The ball replaced with a chromed one, the rubbers, bulbs etc. all replaced and it should clean up nicely. It might be a bit though, I have a machine in restoration now and UK's boardset to finish.

I can't believe you picked up an original Pong.

You mean again, or in general, disbelief or envy?

Price was $690 and it is a LOW serial number and clean all around.
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 11-10-10 at 12:51.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

They had Avatar at the White Rose Gameroom show, also. I was tempted to play it, but the line for it was long, even though it was one of the few vendor owned pins that actually required money to play (the rest of the games were on freeplay). My daughter played it and thought it was a "neat game" (in the vernacular of a 14 y/o). In one of the gaming contests they had used the Avatar game.
    Vintage Volts - The way electronics used to be
    http://www.vintagevolts.com

Blog Entries

Let us know when you do Place that Trace on your site, I love the idea.

Follow us on Facebook!

Blog Entries

Ya, that PONG is beautiful. If I ever see one at auction it will be mine as well. $700 is not a bad price if it's working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    You mean again, or in general, disbelief or envy?
    Envy, I would never see one for sale.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Some real nice finds there, particularly the Pong machine. It looks in pretty good shape too. Do you know how much the Golden Axe machine went for in the end btw?

One of these years Scott I'll have to come down to B-more and meet up with you at these shows. I'm about 3 hours from there and 1 1/2 from York.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast