Thread: Pacific Coast Pinball Expo 2010

Default Pacific Coast Pinball Expo 2010

Better late than never!

Last weekend I attended the Pacific Coast Pinball Expoo here in Northern California (literally a mile from my home!).

Another fantatsic show - probably the best out of the last 4 I have been to. They had more games and a lot more vendors and speakers. Unfortunately as I had my daughter with me (see pics!) I didnt get to many of the lectures but the few I did attend were first rate.

I particularly enjoyed the etremely thorough lecture on pinball restoration (which is also extremely relevant to video game restoration) and Doug Watson, a premiere pinball artist who discussed his work on some iconic pinball games such as Terminator, Indiana Jones, Black Knight 2000, Demolition Man (what a great story that was!) as well as a bunch of unreleased / undeveloped games.

My daughter fell in love with Atari Video Pinball too, which means I now have another family member on my side when it comes to talking the wife round to a "new addition" to the garage arcade!

Enjoy the pics...

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...icPinball2010/

Wow, thanks for posting the pics. I'll have to peel through more of them later, but those wood rails were gorgeous. Did you get a chance to play that Stern Quicksilver? I've never got to play one myself, but I love the artwork on it. If I ever find one reasonably priced it will be mine.

Blog Entries

Thanks for taking all those pics. I will have to get up there next year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke.Togo View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting the pics. I'll have to peel through more of them later, but those wood rails were gorgeous. Did you get a chance to play that Stern Quicksilver? I've never got to play one myself, but I love the artwork on it. If I ever find one reasonably priced it will be mine.
    Yes I did - loved it, love the artwork too. I have to admit I missed out on a lot of games I really wanted to have a go on. I was planning on attending the full 3 days but life got in the way a little and I only managed one day. Did you guys spot Jeri Ellsworth in the pics? She was there doing a panel on the last day but I missed out... sounded like it could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Thanks for taking all those pics. I will have to get up there next year for sure.
    You should, its a blast and of course theres my garage arcade just across the street! Could be a mini-meet if we can get a couple others to make the trip too.