Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoundUp 24 - Oh She's Doing Fine

Blog Entries

Default RoundUp 24 - Oh She's Doing Fine

I know, I know, we're early, but we couldn't hold this back any longer. Actually one of us couldn't hold it back at all.

The October show is now released and it is a huge one but the interview alone is worth the download as it opens up a previously untold side of the launch of Atari and arcades in general. It could also have an impact on the upcoming movie about Atari starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

For those that use Blackberrys and have the 40MB download limit we've split the 16k into 2 parts so make sure you grab both.

Editorial - (00:00)
    Breaking News! - (40:26)
    Hardware Flashback - (41:48)
    Guinness Gaming Records - (58:02)
    Mike'd Up - (59:27)
    Ted Dabney Interview - (95:08)
    Atar Rewind - (205:14)
    The Desert Dump - (218:18)
    Top Ten Atari Arcade Games - (231:12)
    Gaming Trivia - (356:03)
    News And Mailbag - (356:57)
    URLS And Emails - (428:27)

As always, See the shownotes page. Donate to the show.
    Join our Facebook Group. Listen to the October Outtakes.

Enjoy!
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

DANG, it came out really early!

Does this mean we got close to a two month wait for the November one? Or is there gonna be another UKMikes Thanksgiving Spectacular to ease the pain?

Al Alcorn at his CGE 2002 panel went over what went on behind the Cosmos. I'll have to dig up my tape of it sometime and transfer it. Short of it was one of the things Nolan and some of the upper Atari guys liked to do is talk big about pie-in-the-sky ideas, under the guise of throwing off the competition (like 'yeah, well *we're* making a game with *holograms*') when nothing at all was happening. Then Al eventually decided 'you know, why not?' and they developed what turned out to be the first commercial thin film holograms to build what became the Cosmos around. He said iirc that they never did anything but a handful of prototypes and that it was cancelled because they (Atari Mgmt) decided it couldn't be commercially successful. So essentially Cosmos was Bushnell pull-it-out-your-ass trash talking turned into a Al Alcorn pet project.

gavv

Blog Entries

Scott once interviewed Al Alcorn at CGE, but for one reason or another (actually for one reason) the interview is no more.

We intend to do one with him at some point, he would be a very interesting "subject" and topical at the moment too.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

And we are up at AtariAge. Thanks to Albert!

http://atariage.com/

Psyched. I was stuck listening to...ugh...music...on my commute.
    Wise from your gwave!

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    And we are up at AtariAge. Thanks to Albert!

http://atariage.com/
    Wow, that's great! Congrats guys. Hopefully this will bring in some more new listeners as well.

Thanks to the breaking news segment I was able to preorder the Intellivision Lives cart. Now I just have to find a DS. Hopefully my daughter will let me borrow her DS.

Blog Entries

Lots of friends of the show are helping to push this one, 8BitRocket, Atari Museum, Computerspacefan etc.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Crikey that was fast. I still haven’t even finished listening to the last show yet. Guess SoCal Mike really pushed the schedule forward.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast