Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RoundUp 24 - Oh She's Doing Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Duke.Togo View Post
    On and off. There is a flea market that sometimes has some finds, other than that it is the standard garage sale hunting. I scour CL for some occasional deals, but it is mostly RROD 360's ><

There is a nice used game shop in Elwood if you ever get that far north called Previously Played, and there is always McVan's in Indy if you don't mind paying higher prices. McVan's usually has or can get most things though.
    ah cool. We have a McVans in evansville, ive got a few games there, mostly commons twere cheaper there than paying to have them shipped to me. The best place close to me is k and m games in washington, locally owned. Hes a good guy and prices rare stuff about 30 percent cheaper than ebay.

Theres also some thrift stores here, you can randomly find some good stuff.

One of the reasons the Jaguar failed was it's total lack of major third party support. Look at the list..
    http://www.atariage.com/software_lis...ystemID=JAGUAR
    Completely lacking in anything Japanese like Capcom or Konami. Only a couple games from quality devs like Virgin, Ubi Soft, and US Gold. No EA, Apogee, or 3D Realms original titles. The best games for the system were wither ports of older titles or remakes of classics.

Games make the system. The PS2 was known for being a coders nightmare and had underwhelming hardware, but it STILL makes top selling console lists a decade later. I don't know that much about business, but I wouldn't have put any money manufacturing the system without some signed contracts containing names like "Mega Man" or "Madden"

Just started listening, and I really enjoyed the intro roundtable... but I can't believe the hate for XyBots! I love that game. I always put money into it in the arcade, and enjoyed replaying it on the "Arcade Classics" compos. If I were ever to have a home arcade I'd definitely have that on my short list of cabs to own. Then again I like both Pac Man and Defender on the 2600 (not that Pac Man is great, but I always had some fun with it and never thought it was as bad a game as people made out).

For "under the radar" 2600 games I always dug the carts from Apollo. Particularly Infiltrate and Space Cavern. Take a peek at the "Overlooked 2600 Gems" thread: http://www.gamegavel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3186

By the way everybody, with Scott's permission, I have posted a transcript of the Ted Dabney interview including links, on my website. Enjoy!
    http://www.computerspacefan.com/Ted.htm
    (whew that was a lot of work!)

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the hard work in doing that! Miner and I are still reading through it!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Thanks!
    I intend to flesh it out a bit more in the next day or so with some more links to some of the stuff mentioned. I just wanted to get it up there and readable as soon as I could.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSpaceFan View Post
    By the way everybody, with Scott's permission, I have posted a transcript of the Ted Dabney interview including links, on my website. Enjoy!
    http://www.computerspacefan.com/Ted.htm
    (whew that was a lot of work!)

Wow! That was quite an undertaking. Sweetness!

By the way, does anyone know who the fellow with the glasses is between Nolan and Al in that picture I put on my page? I assume maybe it's Bill Nutting? I couldn't find any info on him anywhere online.

Blog Entries

Nope. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Scott can email to Ted and I am sure he would tell us

My kids (8,5 and 3 years old) are sitting in the living room having a blast playing my old Atari 5200.
    I'm so proud right now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast