Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable UMD Storage

I had a PSP modded for awhile. It was actually really nice, but had to sell it in between the time my wife lost her job and I lost my job for cash earlier this year. Still miss it, it was a great setup I had. But I only really used the thing for portable emulators, and figure when I get enough spare cash I'll get a Pandora.

To the OP, there were some Sony made metal UMD cases that held 8 UMDs each. Not many I know, but these cases were hardy as hell, you could run them over with a car and the UMDs would be fine. Made of nice thick metal.

Well I ordered a Pandora today. How much space do emulators and UMD games take up? Should I go full out for a 32 GB stick or get a 16 GB for now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Well I ordered a Pandora today. How much space do emulators and UMD games take up? Should I go full out for a 32 GB stick or get a 16 GB for now?
    How much space do emulators take up ... how much space do you want them to take up? :P

Atari 2600, a couple of megs at best. SNES ... a couple of gigs maybe? Genesis ... I seem to remember a rom set I had being somewhere between 500 and 600 megs. But that's (guessing) with everything. It just depends on how much space you want them to take up. an 8 or 16GB will probably do just fine.

And UMDs ... it just depends on the game. Hit up some torrent sites that have torrents for shittons of UMDs in one torrent to get a general idea as to how big they'll be. You don't even have to download it, just look at the file list.
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

It might also be worth investing in a Micro SD to Memory Stick shell, that way you can pick up two cheap micro SD cards and use them as a single card.

If you go standard SD, its prolly cheaper to just get two 16 gb cards than a single 32gb card.

Forgive the ignorance but I thought the mem stick had to be the mem pro duo with magic gate to get the hack to work? That is what was posted up a few replys ago{up there}...

Mem stick pro duo 16 GB is around $50 on amazon and 32 GB is just under $100...
    Last edited by SRG; 25-09-10 at 02:35.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Forgive the ignorance but I thought the mem stick had to be the mem pro duo with magic gate to get the hack to work?
    I think to get the hack to work it has to be a Magic Gate over 512MB or something, but once done, any will work for running content from.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook