Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RoundUp 022 - Stop! Thief!!

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire73 View Post
    I really enjoyed that segment, too. And it was kind of a nice lead in to Keith Robinson talking about his early programming. Halfway through the interview now, great stuff.
    That was a nice segue alright. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been to create digital entertainment using punch cards. I get annoyed when a program takes more than a few seconds to compile.

The only program writing I have ever done was in Basic as a kid. Kinda strange to see how easy I had it, I could easily run programs and see the results without having to wait weeks for the result. I also checked out the news segments, and I gotta agree with the idea of trimming the news. Often times I send stuff that either really is news, or stuff that I just think you guys might get a laugh out of (the iPad jack off thing for example). You guys being able to look through everything and "trim the fat" is a great way to keep things under control, especially with my habit of saying "they guys will find this funny!" and sending it in to the news.

I haven't had a chance to listen to this one all the way through yet, just snippets here and there. Been a busy week, plus I'm hunting for a new job.

Oh, and I got stung by a fucking nest of wasps today too while working on the yards. My lower leg is swelled up like hell. It was a hilarious picture to my wife though, me attempting to run on one leg, using my hand to swat at the other leg as I half run half stumble across the yard to in side the house to douse my leg in cold water. I guess I ran over them with the mower or something. All I know is that it hurts like hell still, after 5 hours. Yea, nothing to do with the podcast, I'm just venting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalamar View Post
    UK Mike : When you made that comment about the Wasted Seconds Podcast being rather random (dunno if that was good or bad, but either way, it's SOMETHING lol)
    It wasn't either really, just an observation. I guess the polar opposite of our show with it's defined segments, and there is a need for both.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrickGreathouse View Post
    Haha! I love it.
    ..... and yes, we do.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    (SoCal) Intellivision is plugging our Keith Robinson Interview on their website - http://intellivisionlives.com/ as well as to all 3,000+ of their Facebook fans. Let's all support them and go out and purchase Intellivision Lives DS the day it becomes available.
    OK mike you talked me into it . Actually hearing the interview made me want to buy Intellivision lives DS the day it comes out.

I sold my DS a while back, but I might still pick up Intellivision Lives for it anyways, just to support them. Intellivision Forever!

Blog Entries

What was really cool was getting to meet most of the guys who made that cart's software. It isn't some code shop in Korea where they could give a shit about accuracy, it is a bunch of the original guys working together and wanting to get it just right while dealing with publishers who want to get it wrong. And don't forget, this provides the cashflow to fund their break even projects like making new carts and hardware!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This interview with Keith Robinson is making me want to buy Intellivision DS and I've never even played Intellivision.
    Ditto, sounds really good and it'll be a new experience.

Hey guys,

Just listened to a chunk of the episode on a train ride (yes, I listen to the show in chunks to and from work). Thanks for plugging VMTV. It's difficult not to smile, or laugh happily when you hear about your creation being complimented, while you're on a crowded train. Then again, my train is filled with Jews, Hobos, and Mexicans. They probably wouldn't have cared, or noticed.

I would like to point out something, though. I wish my co-hosts got a bit of a mention as well. I'd hate for it to sound like I do ALL the work myself.

Sure, I created the show. I host it and edit the final version of each episode. There's also these great talented individuals I have the honor of working with. Matthew, Chris, Bree, Jason, Matt (Rau), and of course, UKMike as Earl the Robot, they all do a fantastic job. There has never been a bad segment they've given to me.

What I find funny is that those segments I was hesitant to air because of its lack of relevance to gaming, those segments ended up being incredibly popular, like Matt Rau's Wine and Comics, and the Play View segment which he created originally in Season 2.

Sorry if this is long winded, folks. I felt this needed to be addressed publicly. There wouldn't be a show without these guys. They all add something to the table, in the same respect that SoCal, UK, and Scott bring their own style to the table.

Blog Entries

I've been playing lots of Fast Lane. Great call on the game.

Oh, and the level does end when you drive over all of the sand / grass / dirt etc and "clean" the level.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast