Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dingoo A320 review

OK, OK you all have talked me into it, I'll pick up a new Dingoo prolly next week.

I think I'll stick with the A-320. I like the extra 32 megs of RAM in the 330, but I HATE the design of it.

And I'll update my review with a new part as well, with the most recent port of Dingux. Anyone wanna try it before I get my new Dingoo? Newest package with all the apps you need preinstalled is available at http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-...35-31-05-2010/
    Last edited by Leathco; 08-09-10 at 02:27.

Quick update from me. I’m back from Beijing with 2 A330s for the price one A320 cost me. Buying them was an interesting experience and if I hadn’t have had a Chinese friend to help me I wouldn’t have even attempted it. One revelation was that the Chinese sites that sell this stuff are run from tiny stalls in indoor markets.

My body clock is all over the place so I’m not going to write much more at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    OK, OK you all have talked me into it, I'll pick up a new Dingoo prolly next week.

I think I'll stick with the A-320. I like the extra 32 megs of RAM in the 330, but I HATE the design of it.
    To be honest there’s not really much difference between the 320 and the 330 from a design point of view. Most importantly they both have the same terrific d-pad.

Quick update on my A320 and A330 this.

First on the A330: To be honest thereís hardly any difference between the A330 and the A320. I didnít bother with the wireless controller for the A330 so they are pretty much the same from a functionality POV. Thereís not really any applications that make use of the additional memory. If I hadnít bought my A330s in China for half the price my A320 cost Iíd have been a bit disappointed. I read an online review on GBAtemp really slating the A330:

http://gbatemp.net/t230291-dingoo-a330-review

I donít think Iíd be as hard on the thing as that. Iíve not had any issues with the applications, emulators or Dingux for example. I would agree that the shoulder buttons are not very good on the A330.

An update on the robustness of the unit, i.e. on Leathcoís comment that his broke when it fell from his coffee table. Iíve dropped both my A320 and A330 twice now and they have both been fine. I actually dropped my A320 about 3 foot onto a tiled floor the second time I dropped it. I have to say I think you were just unlucky Leathco mate.

So on the whole Iíd say if you are gong to get going of these units go for the A320 and donít worry about dropping it.

I ALMOST ordered it, but held off at the last minute because I had to switch jobs a month or so back, and its lowered my overall income (which REALLY sucks, but I didn't have much of a choice)

After discussing it, me and my wife figured I'll just order a Pandora come tax time and wait for it to come in, than she'll take my Samsung Q1 since I'm more comfortable with Linux anyway. I'll still have my desktop computer, and since the Pandora runs Firefox, I'll be in good shape when on the go as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I sent my Gp2x Wiz back to GPH in Korea. I got in contact with their Korean office after being scammed by GP2xstore.com and they say they will fix it for free. Even if I never see it again, it won't do me any good sitting here with a busted screen, so I took the chance and sent it overseas.
    Last edited by Leathco; 29-10-10 at 05:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    EDIT: Forgot to mention I sent my Gp2x Wiz back to GPH in Korea. I got in contact with their Korean office after being scammed by GP2xstore.com and they say they will fix it for free. Even if I never see it again, it won't do me any good sitting here with a busted screen, so I took the chance and sent it overseas.
    You'll have to let us know if you get it back OK - hopefully your handheld luck will change for the better .

I'll keep everyone here posted. I have high hopes that once I get a Pandora it'll all work out as they have excellent customer service. That, and having a handheld that has internet support through a full version of FireFox and the power to handle Ps1/N64 era stuff, not to mention Quake 3, will make me rather thrilled.

The only downer is that I'm figuring if I order in February, I might get it by that summer *sigh*

Good luck with your Wiz, i hope they sort it out for you. As far as the Pandora goes, yep i am still playing mine although i don't go on the net with it, the screen is way to small, i think i just check emails then i am out again. The N64 emulator is getting fairly regular updates, apart from mario 64 at the moment most games run on the pandora well but it is the sound that is let them down very stuttery, and often i turn off the sound. the psx emulator has not had an update since it has been released, there seems to be some sort of argument over i think the guys name is ZODTTD releasing the source code for it. I have played a few games on the psx and all have run well (poypoy's the two arcade packs from atari and midway) and they run really well. At some point i will convert my copy of soulblade and try it out on the psx emulate see how that runs.

Additional:

Just read about Zodttd in the forums, and it was just a handful of people on the forum boards accusing him of not sharing the source code to the psx4pandora source code, also there is an update on the way . I tried soul blade with frameskip and running at 800mhz, it was still very choppy the sound is terrible and no way to switch it off yet. But i did play gran turismo 2 running at 800 mhz and framskip set to 1/2, was running really smooth and no choppy sound, i played the rally track. I have ridge racer 4 convertering, i am going to try parappa the rapper and road rash 3d.
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 12-11-10 at 11:36.

Just got an email back from Korean GPH offices. They needed some sort of an invoice. Fortunately I had saved my email from GP2XStore.com which still had my old invoice.

Dear Mr. Chris

Good day

Please be informed that we received your unit this morning and we will send it to our tech team.
    I just want to check if you can send us an invoice/receipt/email which can prove the purchase date.

For the status, we will keep you informed.

Thank you

Ellie Cha
    GPH

Sounds promising, or at least better than never hearing from them again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456