Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dingoo A320 review

Pandora app store? SWEET!

I'm really tempted to just say screw waiting til tax time and stop buying retro games for the rest of the year so I can drop 350 on a Pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    I think we can all agree Dingoos and NC10s are great. I still have to be convinced by the Pandora but I’m willing to be open minded. I think I’ll end up getting one in the end. I might look to get a cheap second hand one from e-bay. That’s what I did with my GP32 and GP2X. In both cases I enjoyed them for a while and playing around with them was fun but they didn’t get anything like the play time my Dingoo has.
    I think its fair to say that with the Dingoo, Pandora and even the current and upcoming range of Netbooks we are entering an exciting time in the handheld emulation scene. I'm sure the Pandora will evolve into a great device when the software is refined and expanded. The Pandora store sounds like a great idea for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Pandora app store? SWEET!

I'm really tempted to just say screw waiting til tax time and stop buying retro games for the rest of the year so I can drop 350 on a Pandora.
    Mate, don't get to excited about the app store, at this point in time the official app store for the Pandora looks like this.

http://apps.open-pandora.org/apps/main.shtml

it is no apple app store, i am hoping that it will improve over time.

I think its fair to say that with the Dingoo, Pandora and even the current and upcoming range of Netbooks we are entering an exciting time in the handheld emulation scene.
    Unless these new Netbbooks are small enough to hold in your hand (width ways) and are able to fit in your pocket, i am not sure i will ever consider a netbook as handheld. As far as the apps store is concerned give it sometime at the moment they are incredibly busy, they are awaiting the new nubs (to sort out the problem when break or go wrong) to arrive, also they are assembling the new iphone/ipod handheld controller, and that will be going on sale soon. When do they sleep?

One more thing before i go, (it's a little off topic)all those people here that had a gp2x, did anyone play cave story on it(i am playing it emulated on ginge for the Pandora) i? what an amazing game, i have not been able to put this game down for awhile now.
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 05-09-10 at 01:19.

Never played Cave Story. Keep in mind my GP2X screen fried after a week of owning it.

Man, you get no luck at all with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    Man, you get no luck at all with these things.
    Its been a bad couple years of open source handhelds for me. If I get a Pandora that suffers catestrophic failure I'll give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Its been a bad couple years of open source handhelds for me. If I get a Pandora that suffers catestrophic failure I'll give up.
    I can say that my experience with the Pandora team has been good, they sorted my Pandora out within a month (as can be expected at this time), and if your Pandora does go wrong they will not ignore you, they have friendly customer support.

Blog Entries

I'd love to have one of these types of devices ... just lack of funds prevent such a thing from happening. heh
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

I also have a Samsung NC-10. It's what I use to listen to the show these days. Very nice to have such high quality audio, video and emulation in something relatively small and light. I wouldn't put it in the same category as a handheld, however. It's great to have sitting next to the bed, but not something that I carry with me without noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalamar View Post
    I'd love to have one of these types of devices ... just lack of funds prevent such a thing from happening. heh
    i got my dingoo from here, it seemed to be the cheapest place at the time, but then i have not looked for a while

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/index.ph...dingoo&x=0&y=0

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast