Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dingoo A320 review

I have a Samsung NC10 that Iíd use for emulating something that needs a keyboard. Iíve actually completed the Hobbit on the London to Nottingham train on my NC10 .
    Techincally the NC10 is a netbook and not a handheld, the Pandora is a lot smaller than a net book. I take my Pandora to work with me, and i wear cargo trousers, i have a thick ds case aluminium case for it, and it all fits inside my leg pocket. I cannot put my Samsung N310 into my pocket so i would not conisder taking it out with me for gaming, it is just handy to have when i need to repair a friends or family computer. I am sure once the Pandora gets into it's swing it will be doing all the stuff i need from it, there is something really sweet when you are playing a psx emulator or the N64 emulator, someone just looks over your shoulder and are just amazed by it.

I love the hobbit, and i am trying to do it by memory, i keep getting captured at the goblins dungeon, i remember how to get out of the dungeon, then you type say south, then i am captured again and start all over again. all i can say really is Say to Thorin "Attack Gandalf".

Five Dingoo's. Yep i love the little handheld, it is impressive. It is a pitty that gamepark holdings don't take note of these handhelds that are coming out and try and compete with the.

I don't think the Samsung NC10, or any Netbook for that matter, was being suggested as a direct competitor to devices like the dingoo. It was mentioned as more of a side note than anything else. It's not exactly pocket size for a start.

Samsung makes a lot of good products. My UMPC, Digital Camera, and external DVD drive are all Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by meu2 View Post
    I don't think the Samsung NC10, or any Netbook for that matter, was being suggested as a direct competitor to devices like the dingoo. It was mentioned as more of a side note than anything else. It's not exactly pocket size for a start.
    It was more of a reference to what sabreman said about using the nc10 keyboard and using something less chunky than a pandora for gaming on the go.

Iíll have to look at your comparison but Iím not sure Iíd get one. Iíd use my Dingoo or another handheld less chunky than a Pandora for gaming on the go. I have a Samsung NC10 that Iíd use for emulating something that needs a keyboard. Iíve actually completed the Hobbit on the London to Nottingham train on my NC10 .
    Samsung makes a lot of good products. My UMPC, Digital Camera, and external DVD drive are all Samsung.
    Not a big fan of there phones, but they do do a lot of good products.

I have had good experience with Samsung products including their phones (Galaxy and Tocco). I feel you always get good value for money from their stuff. Apparently their working on an Anroid tablet at the moment. Perhaps this might make for an interesting emulation platform.

Excellent review Saberman! You should ask So Cal to post it on the blog!

@Leathco I'm subscribed to your YouTube feed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    Techincally the NC10 is a netbook and not a handheld, the Pandora is a lot smaller than a net book. I take my Pandora to work with me, and i wear cargo trousers, i have a thick ds case aluminium case for it, and it all fits inside my leg pocket. I cannot put my Samsung N310 into my pocket so i would not conisder taking it out with me for gaming, it is just handy to have when i need to repair a friends or family computer. I am sure once the Pandora gets into it's swing it will be doing all the stuff i need from it, there is something really sweet when you are playing a psx emulator or the N64 emulator, someone just looks over your shoulder and are just amazed by it.
    I didn’t realize a Pandora could fit inside a DS case. I thought they were a bit bigger than a DS, in the videos reviews I’ve seen on You Tube they looked more akin to PSP size. My opinion is a DS is just small enough to be portable while a PSP is just a bit too big. I’m still put off by the price of the Pandora though.

I love the hobbit, and i am trying to do it by memory, i keep getting captured at the goblins dungeon, i remember how to get out of the dungeon, then you type say south, then i am captured again and start all over again. all i can say really is Say to Thorin "Attack Gandalf".
    I’ll admit I used a lot of saves to get out of the goblin’s caves . It took me quite a while to remember you had to get Thorin to carry you to get out of the goblin’s dungeon. The hobbit is one of my favorite adventures of all time. I’m a big fan of Mad Martha too – cool puzzles and a warped sense of humor.

Five Dingoo's. Yep i love the little handheld, it is impressive. It is a pitty that gamepark holdings don't take note of these handhelds that are coming out and try and compete with the.
    I agree mine is still getting a lot of playtime. Although I’ve installed Dingux I’m using the native OS at the moment as I’ve been playing “Fire and Ice” and “Metroid Zero”. In both cases the native emulators are good enough and I know the multi key presses for the menus. I’ll have to complete Alien 8 on it some time too.

Quote Originally Posted by teknohed View Post
    Excellent review Saberman! You should ask So Cal to post it on the blog!

@Leathco I'm subscribed to your YouTube feed!!!
    Thanks mate. Strangely enough I’ve come to think of my posts on this thread as a blog Dingoo experience. I’d say Lethco’s YouTube review is more of a traditional review and recommend to anyone who hasn’t already watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by meu2 View Post
    To be honest I was trying to make the point that the Pandora looks a little too bulky to me. I.e. if I need a bag to carry it around I might as well take my NC10. Reading lestat1uk’s response I’m willing to admit I might be wrong.

I think we can all agree Dingoos and NC10s are great. I still have to be convinced by the Pandora but I’m willing to be open minded. I think I’ll end up getting one in the end. I might look to get a cheap second hand one from e-bay. That’s what I did with my GP32 and GP2X. In both cases I enjoyed them for a while and playing around with them was fun but they didn’t get anything like the play time my Dingoo has.

Mate, just check out my youtube vid and you will see how small the pandora is, yes it is a bit bulky, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable to play. I think the Dingoo is an excellent handheld, i think at somepoint i would like to try out the A330 with the wireless controller, but from what i have read there doesn't seem to be too much difference between the dingoo and the A330. Great idea about the Pandora and getting one second hand, not seen one on uk ebay for a while but i have no doubt that they will. In my mind (this is not a hardware/sofware comparison) i think of the Dingoo as a compromise between gp2x and pandora.

Right, i got my Pandora back today, and i have just checked there app store and there is an official release of mame4all beta, this is the emulator i have been waiting for, i am off to play some mame.
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 04-09-10 at 03:07. Reason: mad jabberings of an insomniac

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast