Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dingoo A320 review

Hmm. Try overclocking the CPU in the emulator. I'm pretty sure I remember having a good go with Mario Kart.

Also, the GBA emulator is also very, very good, better than the SNES emu. I dunno how much time I spent playing Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.

From what I understand the SNES architecture is more complex than the GBA, which makes it more challenging to emulate well. I believe the SNES sound chip is particularly tricky to get right. This usually results in frame-skip or a lack of audio to compensate. Does the Dingux SNES emulator require frame-skip when overclocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Hmm. Try overclocking the CPU in the emulator. I'm pretty sure I remember having a good go with Mario Kart.
    Yes that makes it better I still don’t want to play it just ‘cos I don’t like playing Mario Kart on a handheld. Give me the N64 or Wii versions any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Also, the GBA emulator is also very, very good, better than the SNES emu. I dunno how much time I spent playing Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.
    Now you are talking. I prefer the inbuilt GBA emulator to GPSP as the menu system is better.

Quote Originally Posted by meu2 View Post
    From what I understand the SNES architecture is more complex than the GBA, which makes it more challenging to emulate well. I believe the SNES sound chip is particularly tricky to get right. This usually results in frame-skip or a lack of audio to compensate. Does the Dingux SNES emulator require frame-skip when overclocked?
    I have 2 Dingux emulators Snes9x and Snes9x4D. The first lets you overclock and the second has frameskip. I tried Mario Kart in the first at the maximum overclock and showed the frame rate which was always over 50/60.

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    I have 2 Dingux emulators Snes9x and Snes9x4D. The first lets you overclock and the second has frameskip. I tried Mario Kart in the first at the maximum overclock and showed the frame rate which was always over 50/60.
    That's impressive. The Dingoo certainly sounds like it's a good value homebrew handheld in spite of it's few niggles.

Yeah the Pandoras look cool but are a bit chunky. Also they have the same kind of thumb pad as the GP2X which I'm not a fan of.
    The "Nubs" are pretty good when you are playing the Mario 64 on the Pandora, but my left nub broke in the end, i am not complaining they are fixing the nub for free, but this has been one of the glitches on the Pandora, which the team are working to get sorted out. The Pandora also has a superb d-pad, i would say it is better then the dingoo(i really liked the dingoo to btw), a good test is playing street fighter 2 on the snes, how many hadokens can you do in a row using ryu or ken. With the dingoo, i could not get the hadoken everytime, but the Pandora, everytime, also with the new emulator called "Ginge" for the Pandora, you can now play both emulators and games from both the gp2x and the wiz. (opps went a bit off topic there). The Pandora is chunky, but it is not uncomfortable to play, i played many hours on Mario 64, or trying to remember how to complete the hobbit on the sinclair spectrum with a proper keyboard instead of a virtual keyboard. Here is my comparsion on size to a nintendo DsXL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytcrs0i68uI

As for the Dingoo, i liked this handheld so much i bought five of them to give out to family and friends to play on, none of them have had any problems with them, the only thing that really made me laugh about the Dingoo was the Playstation emulator, yeah right!!!.
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 31-08-10 at 12:23.

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    The "Nubs" are pretty good when you are playing the Mario 64 on the Pandora, but my left nub broke in the end, i am not complaining they are fixing the nub for free, but this has been one of the glitches on the Pandora, which the team are working to get sorted out. The Pandora also has a superb d-pad, i would say it is better then the dingoo(i really liked the dingoo to btw), a good test is playing street fighter 2 on the snes, how many hadokens can you do in a row using ryu or ken. With the dingoo, i could not get the hadoken everytime, but the Pandora, everytime, also with the new emulator called "Ginge" for the Pandora, you can now play both emulators and games from both the gp2x and the wiz. (opps went a bit off topic there). The Pandora is chunky, but it is not uncomfortable to play, i played many hours on Mario 64, or trying to remember how to complete the hobbit on the sinclair spectrum with a proper keyboard instead of a virtual keyboard. Here is my comparsion on size to a nintendo DsXL.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytcrs0i68uI
    [/QUOTE]

Nice Pandora plug .

I’ll have to look at your comparison but I’m not sure I’d get one. I’d use my Dingoo or another handheld less chunky than a Pandora for gaming on the go. I have a Samsung NC10 that I’d use for emulating something that needs a keyboard. I’ve actually completed the Hobbit on the London to Nottingham train on my NC10 .

The main reason for not buying a Pandora is the price though. You can buy something like the NC10 plus a USB gamepad for just a little more. The pandora isn’t small enough to pop into your pocket so you’ll need a bag you might as well have a fully functioning PC and a nice chunky gamepad :-/. If the Dingoo hadn’t have been as good it might be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    As for the Dingoo, i liked this handheld so much i bought five of them to give out to family and friends to play on, none of them have had any problems with them, the only thing that really made me laugh about the Dingoo was the Playstation emulator, yeah right!!!.
    Wow buying 5 is some endorsement. I’m still hoping to pick up an additional 1 or 2 and a A330 cheap when I’m in Beijing next week.

I’ve not tried the Playstation emulator but don’t hold out much hope for it.

That's impressive. The Dingoo certainly sounds like it's a good value homebrew handheld in spite of it's few niggles.
    So are you going to buy one?

So are you going to buy one?
    Sadly I don’t think I can at the moment. Funds are low since returning from America. I’m very tempted to add it to my Christmas wish list though. It’s also a matter of determining if I’d use it or not. I have the PSP set up for homebrew, but hardly ever use the thing (the blurry screen and poor battery life don’t help). The older I get the more I find myself buying games and gadgets that are cool, but get little use after the first few weeks.

Off Topic: I have a Samsung NC10 myself and would be lost without it these days.
    Last edited by meu2; 31-08-10 at 03:38.

Sadly I don’t think I can at the moment. Funds are low since returning from America. I’m very tempted to add it to my Christmas wish list though. It’s also a matter of determining if I’d use it or not. I have the PSP set up for homebrew, but hardly ever use the thing (the blurry screen and poor battery life don’t help). The older I get the more I find myself buying games and gadgets that are cool, but get little use after the first few weeks.
    I know what you mean about buying cool gadgets then not getting much use out of them. The MAME cab I wanted for years doesn’t get half as much play as I thought it would.
    From my experience you could do a lot worse than a Dingoo. I have a PSP set up for homebrew too and have hardly touched it since I got my Dingoo. Let’s hope Father Christmas puts one in your stocking .

Off Topic: I have a Samsung NC10 myself and would be lost without it these days.
    Yep NC10s are great.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast