0 0%
  • Choplifter

2 9.09%
  • Ultima

2 9.09%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 8/10 Top-10 Apple IIe/c Games

Quote Originally Posted by bill_loguidice View Post
    Prince of Persia and Madden were both on the Apple II first. I'd hardly call Autoduel pick up and play, though. Even with the instructions, it's slow going in the beginning. It's definitely among my favorite RPG ever, though. I played it on the C-64, but it was one of those unfortunate exact clones of the Apple II version. The game was so good that it rose above that negative.

Wings of Fury was great and a classic, but I'd definitely give Rescue Raiders the nod over it. With that said, the Apple II version had wonderful touches that weren't necessarily found in the other ports. Games like Hardball!, Pirates, and Mario Bros. were found on and better on other platforms.
    Autoduel was a lot of trial and error, but all I needed was a text version of the map to get going.

Rescue Raiders was way too hard, just about impossible without the "ZIPPY" cheat! I vividly remember getting mad and chucking that disk across my room and it stuck in my ceiling light fixture. I let it sit there for about a week and the floppy became horribly warped from the heat, but it still worked after that!
    Intellivision and ColecoVision Flashback Upgrade Service - Upgrade your flimsy FB to the Ultimate Flashback!
    2600 Games - DK Arcade 2600, EMR II, Epic Adventure, CGE Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Ya, I played the heck out of Karateka on my IIc, and still do to this day. It was a toss up between Choplifter and Karateka for me for one of the spots but my other three spots I had to fill as I did. Pirates, PofP and Wings of Fury all got decent play by me as well

And I can't believe Oregon Trail is winning our poll here
    Choplifter is a great game too... Did you ever get a perfect score and see the triple crown? I was only able to do it once as a teen but haven't been able to do it again...
    Intellivision and ColecoVision Flashback Upgrade Service - Upgrade your flimsy FB to the Ultimate Flashback!
    2600 Games - DK Arcade 2600, EMR II, Epic Adventure, CGE Adventures

Here's a great post over at Atari Age that has computer game rankings throughout the 80s from Computer Gaming World. It's really freaking cool. You can see early on the Apple ][ and Atari computers dominate, with the c64 slowly creeping in, the TRS-80 dying off, and the PC and Amiga coming into play later on. The link to the source is down, but the thread itself is great.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic...3#entry2084973

Hacker 2. So bloody cool, so well thought out, so perfectly executed. Better than that lame-arse flight sim. Get off the crack.

Toying with the idea of getting myself an Apple II after listening to this, any ideas on how much they normally go for, and if they're pretty common. Only seems to be one on Ebay at the moment for around 150 and none on Game Gavel.

Cheers :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
    Toying with the idea of getting myself an Apple II after listening to this, any ideas on how much they normally go for, and if they're pretty common. Only seems to be one on Ebay at the moment for around 150 and none on Game Gavel.

Cheers :-)
    Pricing for an Apple IIe or IIc is across the board. I picked up a complete, boxed Apple IIc for $100. But I've seen them go anywhere from free to around $200 US$. And everywhere in between. I think they are well worth it if you can find one.

Thanks for that :-) Gonna start hitting the car boot sales again soon, so will keep my eye out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345