• Choplifter

2 9.09%
  • Ultima

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Top-10 Apple IIe/c Games

Blog Entries

Default 8/10 Top-10 Apple IIe/c Games

Here is our list of 12 Apple IIe/c games. Agree, Disagree, which one will come out on top?

I only ever played an Apple 2 once, and I was playing Oregon Trail on it. Though I was only about 6 or 7 when I tried it out, being from the UK and being ignorant about tactics and strategy, I found it boring quick. However I played some flash versions of the game a few weeks back, I wouldn't mind playing it again.

Hm, this is going to be tough for me to choose. There are games like Bard's Tale that I would vote for, but I remember more on the c64 - it doesn't really scream "Apple ][" to me. Then there are games like Wolfenstein and Hard Hat Mack, which I associate with the Apple ][ but didn't play quite as much. Lots of classics in this top 10 so it's hard to pick a #1.

I've never played The Bilestoad, but I remember reading and rereading a review of it in an early 80s computer gaming magazine and always wanted to play it. It sounded fantastic.

I loved the Star Trek game if its the one I'm thinking of that was also on the Vectrex and 2600.

Oregon Trail is a classic. I still have it now on my iPhone.

I only dabbled with the Apple 2 in grade school, I don't have much experience with it.

Blog Entries

I've never played The Bilestoad, but I remember reading and rereading a review of it in an early 80s computer gaming magazine and always wanted to play it. It sounded fantastic.
    Sneak preview, it was a terrible hockey game.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    Sneak preview, it was a terrible hockey game.
    You don't appreciate a good game when you see it, man. Come on it was like the first two-person fighter for God's sake! Oh, hell, we've been down this road already.

You don't appreciate a good game when you see it, man. Come on it was like the first two-person fighter for God's sake
    As one of the biggest Conan fans around, I always imagined this to let me live out the pit fighting scenes from the first movie. I should try it on emu one of these days. I remember the review being pretty positive, but saying "it looks like two lobster tails dancing around." I think I still have that magazine around, I should dig it out and copy the review...

Blog Entries

Oh please do.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I'm very unfamiliar with this particular system. However, I *think* we may have had one at school when I was a kid. If so, can you answer me this?

I remember a game that was (1) a lot like Pac-Man and (2) seemed to involve bags of money or something. Does that ring a bell for anyone?
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Had to go Oregon Trail. Certainly not better than bards tail or ultima in retrospect, but it is easily the game I logged the most hours on. 3rd period algebra was about 75% dysentery.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast