Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The official car thread of RGRUP

Default The official car thread of RGRUP

Cars with the Most Sex Appeal Under 25K

Five new cars that are seriously seductive and won’t break the bank.

Pick your poison... I like the Genesis myself. I test drove one and it's fantastic. Hyundai is really impressing me these days.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

2011 Ford Mustang

2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI

2010 Kia Forte Koup
    Attached Images Attached Images

DeLorean

Ferrari 308

In contrast, here is my first car *sigh*:

AMC Eagle

All my friends would shout "The Eagle Has LANDED!" whenever I'd drive up. Although when I was driving this beast I still managed to get laid, which just goes to show that some high school girls have very low standards.

This was my first car... '68 Beige colored VW bug

A pass-on from dad

My car all through college was a blue 72 super beatle! miss that thing.

Blog Entries

My first:
    (mine was black, this is not my car)

My second:
    (Mine was yellow, this is not my car, I have a few photos of it somewhere I should find)

The Pantera was brilliant, it was essentially a Countach clone with a 351 Ford engine, same HP output as an exotic V12 without the nightmare maintenance and reliability issues. I put a fair amount of work into mine, supercharger, 8 into 4 straightpipe exhaust, etc. I miss that car.

My favorite:
    (this is a photo of mine)

Unfortunatly Subaru used very poor quality metal and the BRATs are literally falling apart no matter what you do. I had to put mine down last year, I really planned on owning it for life. It had zero rust after I finished the build in 02 and by 09 it had terminal rust.

Another favorite Subaru I owned:
    (not mine either, but same year)

I owned a white one in Germany, I swapped in the EG33 engine from the SVX and two VF22 turbos, it was an absolute monster. I loved hitting the on ramps on the autobahn and watching a frustrated Porsche owner in the rear view as the Subaru logo on my trunk just ran away and he was unable to even think of keeping up. My evil EX head on crashed it and had the nerve to live.
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 07-08-10 at 04:24.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Oh my... that Pantera is awesome! What happened to it?

Blog Entries

I sold it and bought an 86 BRAT, this would have been 88 or 89. I also owned another XT6 in 2001, I put an Allison A250 turbine engine into it and had it badged as an XT747. I had well under 10k into it and was offered a great deal more that that a few months later at a car show. It was a cool project but really not very practical even by my standards, but it was really really cool to start it up with unsuspecting people around.

Oh, funny thing about that sub 25k Camaro, it is the V6 not the SS with the LS3 Corvette engine.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Ah, I see but sheesh, what a looker that thing was and, apparently it it even had "doors that buzz when ... open"

As for the Camaros tho, I pass at least 35 a day around here. And Mustangs... don't get me started!

What makes this particularly egregious is that 80% of them are fitted with ridiculously over-sized, heavy ass rims that completely destroys the cars suspension geometry, handling etc but hey... they LOOK cool

Blog Entries

We have a 2SS Camaro and love it, they let the car mature so it still has a great deal of "muscle car" to it but also is very comfortable, it really feels more like a European sports coupe than your traditional American car. It is bone stock other than a magnacharger supercharger kit, the wife was tired of commuting to work in track cars and wanted something with heated leather seats and a stock exhaust so this was our comprimise.

Follow us on Facebook!

I'm going a different route here....my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Theres a good pic of one just like mine.

Why does this thing have sex appeal? Lets start with just a nice 318 motor, all wheel drive as your standard driving mode, and the ability to pull and haul more or less anything needed.

On top of all that, the back seat can be taken out for more room. Put some blankets back there for a comfy spot with plenty of room to work with. Dark tinted windows (on mine) are always a plus as well.

Why get laid in the back of a cramped DeLorean (which actually I'd love to own a DeLorean) when you can have fun in the Jeep and have plenty of room for any position you can come up with? Just be careful guys not to get reamed on the stickshift!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast