Thread: Need a way to keep track of your collection?

Default Need a way to keep track of your collection?

Hello fellow Game Gavel members, I'm the Site Director for RF Generation, the newest friend of Game Gavel. So Cal Mike suggested I make a thread here to invite you guys over to RFG. You can find us at http://www.rfgeneration.com/ or you find us listed under the "Friends" section on a Game Gavel page. And coming soon, you'll be able to link your RF Generation username to Game Gavel like you can with Digital Press, NintendoAge, and the other sites.

So what is RF Generation? RF Generation was founded 6 years ago as a place for collectors to keep track of all their games and share information about those games. Today, we have a massive database with over 53,000 games and 86,000 unique images spanning the first generation of gaming to the latest and greatest. We also have a thriving community, that is the friendliest place I've ever seen anywhere on the Internet. Post in our forums a couple times and before you know it, you'll feel like a part of the family.

The bread and butter of our site is the database, and what really makes our database unique is that if something isn't in there, you can add it. Submissions for new titles, pictures, or information are generally approved within a few minutes, so the information is available to the public almost immediately.

So please, check out our little slice of the web, and play around with the collection tracking tools, check out the database, introduce yourself to the community in the forum. Before you know it, RF Generation will become a part of your daily browsing just as Game Gavel is.

This looks pretty cool! Is there any way to dump out your collection to a text file, printout etc?

I am a regular on RF Generation and can't recommend it enough. Yes you can create PDF lists from your collection. Definitely a fantastic site. Check out my blog while you are there

Very cool, I need to check it out. Trouble is most of my collection is overseas so I guess I'll be doing a huge amount of typing next time I visit the folks!

Just signed up! This looks pretty great.

This looks very interesting indeed. I've been thinking how to reorganize and list my collection in a manageable way in a while now, since frankly it's become quite messy, with different systems started during different times. So this looks really interesting to me, thanks for bringing it to our attention here!

Blog Entries

Great project, I have xls sheets tracking all sorts of stuff for console carts, coin op. I would love to see this grow into all more venues as well. Nice.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Well I started adding some games (seems a little slow to add a large collection though I am not sure how to make it any quicker!)... but I found a bunch of missing games already. Any idea how to go about adding them to the database? The FAQ doesn't seem to mention it.

EDIT: Found it
    Last edited by retroshaun; 05-08-10 at 01:57.

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    Well I started adding some games (seems a little slow to add a large collection though I am not sure how to make it any quicker!)... but I found a bunch of missing games already. Any idea how to go about adding them to the database? The FAQ doesn't seem to mention it.
    It can be a little slow, but once its done, its done. If you have a really big collection, you can go to Tools, select "Add" and do a search for the system you want in the region you want without specifying a title, and it will bring up all the titles for that system, and you can then just check the box for the ones you have.

Adding a missing title is really easy once you do it, but the first time can be tricky. Just hover over the "Submit" tab, and select "Submit Game Information" then just click "Add Game Additions" if the title isn't in the DB at all or "Add Game Variation" if it is the DB but a different region or is a variation.

Quote Originally Posted by NES_Rules View Post
    If you have a really big collection, you can go to Tools, select "Add" and do a search for the system you want in the region you want without specifying a title, and it will bring up all the titles for that system, and you can then just check the box for the ones you have.
    This is the method I recommend. It makes adding a lot of titles much faster.