• BC's Quest For Tires

1 4.55%
  • Burgertime

4 18.18%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/10 Top-10 Colecovision Games

Blog Entries

Default 6/10 Top-10 Colecovision Games

Here are our picks for the Top-10 Colecovision Games. Agree? Disagree? What are your favorites? Who do you think picked what?

I'm gonna have to sit back and listen this month. Never owned a CV back in the day, and while I finally picked one up a while back it's never been a huge favorite of mine. I sold my CV collection a couple years ago, although I've since reacquired one . Personally I would go with Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom or Venture.

Not sure I can guess who picked what this time. It's a little easier to do when the games are on different systems.

I did not own a CV but have seen them played by my friends so I picked Burgertime as my pick but it was tough because CV version of Donkey Kong was very good; as for who picked what I think UK Mike picked Boulderdash/Pepper 2/BC's Quest for Tires/Sub Roc-I think US Mike picked Bugertime/Up N Down/Q Bert/Dragon Fire-Finally I think Scott picked Donkey Kong/Lady Bug/Jungle Hunt/War Games. It will be great to see how these actually fall with you guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare78 View Post
    I did not own a CV but have seen them played by my friends so I picked Burgertime as my pick but it was tough because CV version of Donkey Kong was very good; as for who picked what I think UK Mike picked Boulderdash/Pepper 2/BC's Quest for Tires/Sub Roc-I think US Mike picked Bugertime/Up N Down/Q Bert/Dragon Fire-Finally I think Scott picked Donkey Kong/Lady Bug/Jungle Hunt/War Games. It will be great to see how these actually fall with you guys.
    Oh, no. Scott wouldn't dare be caught buying a title like Lady Bug Would he? You did get a few right though I will give you a Mastermind Type Answer:

UK Mike, Two Right, Two Wrong
    Scott, Two Right, Two Wrong
    So Cal, Two Right, Two Wrong

Thanks for the post and hope to continue seeing you in the forums.

Oh hell. I never owned one of these either.....so I just gotta go off of what I played on other consoles and hope the Colecovision got good versions.

4 - Jungle Hunt. I think the only version I have played was the Arcade one, but it wasn't bad. Timing those vine swings could get pretty intense once you got into it.

3 - Donkey Kong - Just a classic game. This one had better have gotten a good port. I hope it had all of the levels from the arcade (the NES lacked the last one)

2 - Q-Bert - I played this one all the time on Atari 2600. It seemed the only thing that ever killed me was the controls, I'd instinctively go the wrong way and kill myself.

1 - Burger Time - Oh hell yea. I loved this on the NES as an early title. Great fun catching the baddies on a bun or some meat and killing them off, and much more efficient than stunning them using your pepper.

I grew up on the Colecovision. I was lucky and my aunt worked in a Coleco plant and would get me all the Coleco games I wanted. Still one of my favorite systems of all time and I end up playing it at least once a week.

I agree with four of these picks; Donkey Kong, BC's Quest for Tires, Pepper II, and Lady Bug.

These six deserved to be on the list:
    Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventure in the Park
    Cosmic Avenger
    Gorf
    Spy Hunter
    Venture
    Zaxxon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    I grew up on the Colecovision. I was lucky and my aunt worked in a Coleco plant and would get me all the Coleco games I wanted. Still one of my favorite systems of all time and I end up playing it at least once a week.

I agree with four of these picks; Donkey Kong, BC's Quest for Tires, Pepper II, and Lady Bug.

These six deserved to be on the list:
    Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventure in the Park
    Cosmic Avenger
    Gorf
    Spy Hunter
    Venture
    Zaxxon
    Wow. You must have been in heaven. Any stories she can tell? Was she in production or in the office?

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Oh, no. Scott wouldn't dare be caught buying a title like Lady Bug Would he? You did get a few right though I will give you a Mastermind Type Answer:

UK Mike, Two Right, Two Wrong
    Scott, Two Right, Two Wrong
    So Cal, Two Right, Two Wrong

Thanks for the post and hope to continue seeing you in the forums.
    Scott probably picked WarGames, and he always seems to pick "the" big title, so I think he picked Donkey Kong as well. The other two are a toss-up.

Scott: War Games, Donkey Kong, Pepper 2, Sub Roc
    UKMike: Boulderdash, B.C.'s Quest For Tires (I figured UK Mike is mostly likely to pick computer game ports), Up N Down, Lady Bug
    SoCalMike: Dragon Fire, Burgertime, Q*Bert, Jungle Hunt (going w/ mostly arcade ports for SoCal)

I voted for my favorite Colecovision game - WarGames. Its gameplay is a nice variant of the Missile Command style of gameplay. And being a big fan of the movie, it's pretty cool to be able to play the NORAD sequence that takes place at the end.

As for the arcade ports on the list, I agree with Donkey Kong, Q*Bert, and Burgertime. The Colecovision was THE console to own for arcade ports. I remember also playing Time Pilot, Donkey Kong Jr., Turbo, Zaxxon, Star Trek, Congo Bongo, Space Fury, Gorf, Tapper, Frogger, Tutankham, Popeye, Gyruss, Buck Rogers, and Carnival. Who needed to go to an arcade when you had the Colecovision at home?

I also agree with having BC's Quest For Tires on the list. Two other picks I would have liked to have seen on there are H.E.R.O. and Pitstop.

I'm looking forward to the next show!
    Last edited by Chewchilla; 18-06-10 at 09:33.
    When you think you are a tough avenger, switch the difficulty to A, and then try Ultimate Yars!

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Wow. You must have been in heaven. Any stories she can tell? Was she in production or in the office?
    I ended up owning ~300 of the games plus most of the peripherals; super action controllers, the Atari adapter, the roller controller, the steering wheel. Never got the ADAM or Telstar though. I remember most of the games I got were just the boards as they must have been easier to sneak out of the building. I was only a kid at the time (around 5-7) so I had no clue, wish I still had them. As for my aunt, she was a production grunt I'm sure.

It's never even occurred to me that she may have some interesting stories to tell. I'll have to ask her. As a thanks for the idea, if she has something interesting to say I'll record an interview with her and send it your way. If you can use it for the roundtable, great. If not, no problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast