Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First thread for the PSP!

Smile First thread for the PSP!

I feel bad that the underrated PSP is without anything so I thought I would start one. I got a new one recently and am really enjoying it. I have Yggdra Union and Dungeons and Dragons Tactics for it so far and they are pretty awesome. It's not as good as a DS I admit, but they are still fun. I don't stick to one company or any of that nonsense. I like to try all systems and this one is no exception.

Do you have a PSP and if so what games do you have for it? Do you like it? Also maybe you can throw some suggestions my way for fun RPG/Strat/Action games. Those are pretty much the 3 genres I stick to.
    Check out my GG auctions for loads of great collections and games in general. http://www.gamegavel.com/sites/thegamebaron/

Blog Entries

It's difficult to compare it to the DS as they both do very different things and cater to very different markets. I own both and enjoy both but at the moment my PSP is my favourite.

Gran Turismo owned me for weeks and TOCA Race Driver 3 was excellent as well.

I got into Silent Hill but went a while without playing it and never picked up where I left off.

Most of the time though I use it for emulation and at the moment I am replaying through Mario Picross 2, one of my favourite games from the Gameboy, a Japanese import.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Switching a lot of my emulation based gaming over from PC and GP2X to PSP due to portability and battery issues. I am currently running MAME, PS1, GBA, C64, Megadrive, Mega CD & SNES emulators. I am interested in running some Neo Geo, CPS1 and CPS2 games. What are the best emulators for these arcade boards (running cfw 5.00 M33) ?

Blog Entries

I have owned 2 psps strangley enough. I was sucked in to buy one when it first came out and felt dissapointed as its just a portable PS1/PSX. Poor loading times and battery life made me sell it for a DS. The 2nd one came as part of a swap for a TV. I flashed it with cfw this time and had some emulators on it. They ran well but after a few weeks it ended up in a drawer not being used by anybody so i just sold it. Until sony release a media friendly format for a handheld they should stick to main consoles. The system would have been better if they developed a new type of memory stick that is unique to the system only and for the size of the system a better capacity battery should have been made.

I guess I am the only one here who loves my PSP? Granted it has sat for extended periods of time, year or more at one point, but for playing retro games it can't be beat. So many collections for it. And I haven't even hack it yet. My Pandora did come in the mail yesterday, so once I find and can afford a decent size mem stick I will be hacking it with MAME(well once I find and can download the rom set ughhhh been trying for a month)

Blog Entries

I love my PSP actually, I tend to play in spells alternating with my DS, depending on which game I am playing. For the last few weeks it has been Picross 3D on my DS, but my PSP will return.

I also use it in place of something like a GP2X or Dingoo as it has plenty emulators on.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I've had a PSP since it's launch, and I actually waited outside of Best Buy to get it. The Metal Gear games they released for it are fantastic, yes, even the Ac!d ones. I like mechanics of it using cards as a means of movement and attack. Most of the well known RPG franchises have a solid game on the system, and a lot of Capcom's stuff has been great.

The best use of a PSP is a dust collector :-). I played mine for the first 3 months i owned it... a year and a half later it's still in a drawer. It is pretty bad when the best thing about the system is emulating Nintendo games.

Blog Entries

I've had two PSPs ... both of them modified with emulators and the like. I just never played the damn thing. lol

That being said, I may eventually get another one purely for Killzone and the God of War games.
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

God of War was a system seller for me. I really enjoyed playing it. I have the board that can't be hacked, otherwise I am sure I would use it.