Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought my first pinball today

Got my parts order in, and just had a little time for some minor work. I replaced the locks (I got the keyless ones so I won't ever need to drill them out again), the springs on the shooter, and shooter tip. Put the LEDs in the pop bumpers and it definitely changed the color cast to them, but I like it and hope it will keep the heat down in there. The pop bumper caps have a little browning on the underside, which I am assuming is from heat from the lamps. It is minor now, and hopefully now it won't get any worse.

I think I'll replace the playfield insert lamps and back glass lamps to LEDs later at some point also, but the others I'll probably leave as they are more visible. Next step is to clean and wax the playfield and replace the rubbers. These things are fun to work on

@retrocollect-2008: If you can find a pin over there, I would highly recommend it. With this EM game everything is logical and easy to visualize. The manufacturers really made them very accessible.

I invested quite a while this weekend doing a thorough cleaning. Removed every part from the playfield except the pop bumpers a section at a time and went at it. It is amazing how much dirt and that black solenoid dust that accumulates, and I don't think that it has probably ever seen a proper cleaning. Once I finished cleaning I replaced all the rubbers, and it looks really nice now. I have to finish up with some more wax, but I should be playing on it very soon.

Cleaning the score reels really took awhile. They were the most dirty parts in the whole machine. I have to say again how well designed this machine is designed for easy servicing.

On my list of To Dos: Replace the metal coil sleeves with new nylon sleeves (this sounds like a big project to me, so I will probably tackle it a little at a time), replace non-visible bulbs with LEDs, replace the ugly cap nuts on the playfield posts, clean up the cabinet, and maybe get some Cliffy Protectors for the roll-overs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123