Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retro Review Revolution, my YouTube videos

Action 104 is on its 25th episode. Also I've had a mini-war with the Game Dude, who shall now be called the Gay Douche. Lots of new DVD reviews as well. I've also made a new video of how my collection has grown since my last collection video done in the beginning of 2010.

Figured this would be a good idea to dabble in seeing if a website I operated would get any interest. I've started by creating a free top-level .mp site. Its set up to show my latest youtube videos, new releases of the Retro Gaming Roundup podcast, Leathcos weekly blogs (a new feature!), and if you are bored check out my Pandora radio stuff (only click if you are a metalhead like me).

If there is actually interest from a few people for me to make this a bigger thing (we are talking at least 25 people) I'll go ahead and purchase the retroreviewrevolution.com domain and add a forum. I'm not expecting anything that crazy though, I consider this my home, just thought it'd be cool to create a page thats a one stop shop for my videos, and now the blogging (random subjects aboot retro gaming goodness every week)

Also of interest, I borrowed the site background for Psycho Gorilla Games, and created my own favicon (the little icon when you go to a site by the address or when you favorite a site) that I painstakingly made a miniature NES in by hand.)

With that out of the way, I hope my friends here check out http://www.retroreviewrevolution.mp every week or so and check out whats new. You never know what you're gonna find.
    RetroReviewRevolution.MP

The website has been completely overhauled! Now located at retroreviewrevolution.tk (looking at buying the .com domain though), theres forums, a shoutbox, and quite a bit of new material there. Check it out!

What a difference six months make!

-Website is finally RetroReviewRevolution.com
    -Running ads on GameGavel
    -Admin staff includes myself, NESJohnny, RetroSnow, Synical_Enigma, and P13R4T
    -Wez brought a selection of remixed stereo NES and Game Boy music this month
    -Added our own forums
    -Behind the scenes, we are now paying for server services, advertising locally using business cards with a Space Invaders theme, and more! I am proud to say we currently have 23 members. If we are lucky I hope to have 25 by the end of the year.

And we are gonna start a podcast to kick of 2012! Gonna be an annual, every 3 months podcast. I know both myself and Synical_Enigma will be participating, with a good chance of NESJohnny and P13R4T having segments as well. Anyone on here who wants to sound off feel free too, or e-mail me an MP3 of you recording whatever you want! You may find yourself in a segment!

RRR Podcast releases January 15th! It will have 3 or 4 episodes a year. This month has The Gamers Voice discussing the X-Band modems for SNES and Genesis, my editorial on Why Retro, NESJohnnys economics of retro games, and some killer gaming music. Check it out!

Also, PlayTheNES, one of the best NES sites on the internet, has announced its shutdown. Join RRR in remembering PTN, recapping the history of the site, an interview with one of its co-creators, and a video tour of the site.

After a month of hard work, I've finally wrapped up editing our first Podcast, and thankfully got everything done in time for the advertised January 15th launch! You can either get there by going to the Podcast section, or just listen in-browser.

Our first episode includes an introduction to why we are doing the podcast, Synical_Enigmas Altered Beast with VoKILLZ, The Gamers Voice Episode X about Online Gaming, Thunder Tornado music from Mega Man 9 presented by The Wezs Project Nintendo, Why Retro by Leathco, Mega Man Boss Medley from the 20th Anniversary Rockman Soundtrack, the Economics of Game Reselling by NESJohnny, Going Home remix from Journey to Silius by Mellogear, and an outtro remembering PlayTheNES and inviting everyone to listen to the second Padcast, which should be out mid-April Enjoy guys!

Blog Entries

Good stuff Leathco I joined your site and plan on being a big nuisance on your forums as well. Everybody should give his podcast a listen and check out his website.

More than happy to have ya Indie! Looking forward to your posts on the forums.

Episode 2 of the RRR Podcast is now online, featuring an interview with GameGavel founder Mike, and segments from Synical_Enigma, NES_Pimp, IndieSeoul, NESJohnny, and myself. Close to 2 more hours of Retro Gaming Goodness, just in case you want more after this past months HUGE Retro Gaming Roundup!

Available immediately at RetroReviewRevolution.com, and being uploaded to Youtube.com soon as well.

Blog Entries

Make sure you listen to this great podcast. Not just because I have a segment but also because you get to hear some great info about how Socal founded Game Gavel. Great job on the interview Leathco. A truly awesome second episode! Click on the link in Leathco's signature to download the podcast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast